Parition Table Problem

pmprog

DNF (Did Not Finish)
I got a 64GB card, and I created a 32GB ext2 partition, and an extended with a 28GB FAT32 partition. When I plugged it into my desktop, it asked to format the FAT32 partition (which was already formatted, but I did so I could copy files quicker). Anyway, According to my pandora, I now have 2 FAT32 partitions with the same label.

Is there a way to conver the first partition back to ext2 to see if the data is still there? or should I just assume my data is trashed?

Was windows isn't it ?

It asked to format the ext2 to fat32, and you did it.

Should be possible to recover some data.

Use cfdisk to change format flag, then use photorec.

Yeah, was Windows, but no, I asked it to format my FAT32 partition (I even selected it from device manager).

Doesn't matter now, just wiped the SD card and rebuilding it. Most of it was PND's and game files that I can just recopy

Cheers

It's worth noting that windows refuse to believe in partitioned removable media, so I don't think there's any way to use/format partition >= 2 on an SD-card in windows.

What I've done that seems to be working so far, is create two Primary partitions - with the first being the FAT32, and the second being the ext2. Windows only sees and accesses the FAT32, but both seem to work fine on the Pandora... It's just going to take a while to recopy everything... Good job I backed up a week ago :)

Back