Pandoralive.info is... Alive !!

Mr_Loon : To be honest I am not super fond of the Pandora logo therefore I did not put it the title or anywhere in the page. Sorry, but I have no intention to change that :)

If I change anything I'd rather include a Pandora representation in one way or another.

Mr_Loon : To be honest I am not super fond of the Pandora logo therefore I did not put it the title or anywhere in the page. Sorry, but I have no intention to change that :)

If I change anything I'd rather include a Pandora representation in one way or another.
No worries, do you have a particular image / graphic / logo that you would like to use, more than happy to help get it into a format / size that could be used on the blog if Photoshop skills are not your personal forte.

Using the existing logo as a bullet header for sidebar headlines does look good though IMHO.

Perhaps a blog article requesting readers to provide a logo / graphics for the blog would be a good idea?

No worries, do you have a particular image / graphic / logo that you would like to use, more than happy to help get it into a format / size that could be used on the blog if Photoshop skills are not your personal forte.

Using the existing logo as a bullet header for sidebar headlines does look good though IMHO.

Perhaps a blog article requesting readers to provide a logo / graphics for the blog would be a good idea?

Allright, I do have a request if anyone has good retro graphic skills:

I would like to have a Pandora (the unit itself) drawn in "pixel art", in full opened position. I'd like to have both the black one and the silver one, if that's possible.

This is what I mean by pixel art:

game_console_themed_posters_with_pixel_art_style_7.jpg

If anyone is capable of doing that and ensure it looks GOOD ( :) )  I would gladly add it to the page title.

Yeah I realized that after turning mine on! D'oh!

Anyway, here's another version -

pand03.PNG

And original, tidied up a bit

pand02.PNG

Last edited by a moderator:
The tilted one seems fuzzy, is unclear and doesn't look nearly as good with the ratio.

At any rate, I'd have a go myself, but my software is on an older computer and I can't bother to find the right cables to get it boot properly.

I recall that openhandhelds.org had small icons for the different consoles, though.. Could remember wrong as well, I suppose.

Hey, this Blog looks better than I've expected. :) We had some Pandora themed newspages in the past but most of them were not that nice and also abandoned sooner or later. I hope this here will last longer.

Nice Article. I still use Firefox but on a old 256MB RAM Classic Pandora it's more a waiting game than real and fast browsing. I guess I will give Aurora a try, the new version seems to be better than the older ones (I used Aurora before but something there was ureley wrong because I removed it from my Pandora, not sure what it was but it annoyed me enough to install Firefox. :D )

Hey, this Blog looks better than I've expected. :) We had some Pandora themed newspages in the past but most of them were not that nice and also abandoned sooner or later. I hope this here will last longer.
As long as there are followers I see no reason to stop :) I certainly hope to recruit (capable AND motivated) writers as well over time. 

I still like FireFox as well, for those handy ad-blocking extensions, and how well the UI can be customized to gain screen real estate. Also, there's a certain "shit, that thing's running FireFox. It's a real computer" element I occasionally get from others.

Also, there's a certain "shit, that thing's running FireFox. It's a real computer" element I occasionally get from others.
Hehe, yeah I get that too. It's always impressive to run the full desktop version on such a small device. Just like it's quite a feat to run LibreOffice on Pandora as well. This is just great. 

One thing I forgot - please don't forget to SHARE the articles (or the blog) around you if you like it :)

The tilted one seems fuzzy, is unclear and doesn't look nearly as good with the ratio.

At any rate, I'd have a go myself, but my software is on an older computer and I can't bother to find the right cables to get it boot properly.

I recall that openhandhelds.org had small icons for the different consoles, though.. Could remember wrong as well, I suppose.
Ekianjo asked for a tilted one via PM - I stated it wouldn't be as clear or as detailed as the original. And it isn't. To get a better impression the size would have to be increased.

As for old software - I use MSPaint. It suits me down to the ground.

I like your design Ian.

I think the contrast could be raised a little bit, specially on the specular brights (top left of things where light hits), they seem dark here on my end, or maybe it is just my monitor and tired eyes. ^_^  

Cheers erico.

I left the images unshaded so ekianjo could say exactly what/how he wanted it. He then asked for an angled Pandora (being held) with a halo around it. I haven't heard anything since. Highlighting and shading will be easy enough. The end size/scaling will affect the shading and design too.

Cheers erico.

I left the images unshaded so ekianjo could say exactly what/how he wanted it. He then asked for an angled Pandora (being held) with a halo around it. I haven't heard anything since. Highlighting and shading will be easy enough. The end size/scaling will affect the shading and design too.
I will come back to you soon :) great work so far!

Back