Pandoralive Down?

I ask this stuff for the basic reason that...since I'm moving in a few months anyway, I'm not sure I want to muck around too much with things I don't understand in my computer, because I'll have a different ISP after I move, since this one is local to this area only.

And since the ONLY site I ever go to that it has ANY problem with, it seems, is PandoraLive.

So I can just use the proxy thing to get that.  Easier and no chance of screwing up my computer.

What's the situation now? It's been down for me the last couple times I checked.

its-dead-jim-star-trek.jpg

Maybe EvilDragon can Host this Site?
Pandoralive has realy good Informations und HowTo Things.
Its a shame for lost that Informations and Articles.

Pandoralive was one of my Favourite Pandora Websites.

archive dot org has all of the front pages going back. I didn't check how much of the individual articles it preserved.

That stuff is of very little use when it comes to porting a site to a new server, but it may be possible to update all links to archive dot org hosted pages.

Hi everyone, the site is actually still up but I did not renew the domain name for a while so it has expired.
I was wondering how long it would take for people to notice it was down - answer is, several months, so this shows how little visits the site got.
I intent to reactivate it when the Pyra comes out, but right now I am too busy to do any work on it - and nobody offered any help when I asked, unfortunately.

Let me know what you guys want. I can reactivate the domain name but if it's just to serve old content, not sure it's worth it.
[doublepost=1494118694,1494118617][/doublepost]
Pandoralive was one of my Favourite Pandora Websites.

Thanks for saying that, but no sure there was much competition anyway :)

FWIW, if the RSS feed wasn't broken, I'd at least visit it when you post something.

I think Pandoralive could be doing good business soon while devs have got their prototype pyra and are posting videos. It won't be the same as is was during the long gap between the first fifteen or so Pandoras and the rest of them, as hopefully ED will be able to press the buttons and punt out hundreds of Pyras each week, but Pandorapress kept me interested during the long wait for my Pandora. I grew too tired to keep checking gp32x and ploughing through all of the spite and negativity.

That does not really answer about what I have written in my post. Fixing the RSS feed is not going to fix an audience problem (i.e. limited community who anyways gets their news on the boards here).

Well, I tend to forget news sites if I don't have them in my feeds :(
For example I'm still following the "Inside the box" site that was never updated for years, but I forgot the existance of yours even if I was reading it with interest everytime

FWIW I did like reading your recaps of news articles I'd already read. Reading it again phrased differently and in a different context often made me spot different parts that I'd missed already, and the way you were able to update articles if more info came during the thread felt much easier to read that trawling through a thread. I did keep going to your site for a while after the rss broke, but not knowing when or if you'd have a news story up for each news posting here made it kind of frustrating.

I appreciate that rewriting all this stuff is a chunk of work that you might not have, and we did shirk the responsibility when you can asking if anyone wanted to help out though.

I seem to remember there being some good guides from guest posters on pandoralive, the sort of thing you go back to every now and then when you imagine you can become a master coder in a couple of weeks. Maybe now it's being discussed and the imminent release of the pyra you will see an increase in traffic....? I hope you renew it @ekianjo

It has some nicely written and unique articles and it is part of the Pandora/Pyra history. If it isn't going to be updated, at least it should be hosted.

http://hooka.gp2x.de is a good example of a site from the GP2X / GP32 days that has probably less visitors than Pandoralive, but still fun to go there once a while for some content (interviews) that you can't find anywhere else.

Hi everyone, the site is actually still up but I did not renew the domain name for a while so it has expired.

I was wondering how long it would take for people to notice it was down - answer is, several months, so this shows how little visits the site got.

I intent to reactivate it when the Pyra comes out, but right now I am too busy to do any work on it - and nobody offered any help when I asked, unfortunately.

Let me know what you guys want. I can reactivate the domain name but if it's just to serve old content, not sure it's worth it.

I only decided to power on my Pandora again a few days ago. http://pandoralive.info was one of the sites that I missed.

Yes, it's worth re-activating just to serve old content. Please don't let the internet forget this website.

Back