Pandora Wifi

So. I've recently sold my iPad and I need to repair my smartphone. I have been using my Pandora as my go-to wifi device... and it is terribly slow! Would I expect any faster from a dongle? Any recommendations or opinions?

Some folk have reported better speed with dongles and iirc I think ED was going to start selling the nano sized ones which were shipped with Pandoras with broken wifi chips and that the drivers for that model, are already included in one of the more recent Hotfixes. So they should work out the box.

Otherwise best to buy a model listed as working on the wiki USB peripherals page. Others will no doubt post you better specifics of models/makes etc :)

edit : USB wifi adapters section

http://www.pandorawiki.org/USB_compatibility_list

states Realtek chipset drivers included plus here http://www.gp32x.de/board/index.php?/topic/55570-new-pandora for latest discussion (if that's up to date, that is)

Last edited by a moderator:
What is your wifi speed? Mine was at 12mbs, but I got it to go to 48mbs when I bought a new

router (Linksys 4200 E v2.)

Some folk have reported better speed with dongles and iirc I think ED was going to start selling the nano sized ones which were shipped with Pandoras with broken wifi chips and that the drivers for that model, are already included in one of the more recent Hotfixes. So they should work out the box.
thats the one I have and it works great, out of the box.

Last edited by a moderator:
I was thinking, should I sign up for the boingo service for the on-the-go wifi? So far I only connect at home. Anybody uses this service? how good is it?

Does ED have any of these dongles for sale?

I've checked the wiki page and there are a couple of micro dongles I'd be tempted to get but there are no links or images so I don't know if I'm buying the correct item.

The main ones I'm interested in are the Belkin or the Netgear as they are supposed to plug right in and work with Hotfix 6.

Does anyone have experience of either of the above or any other micro USB dongles?

Back