Pandora Wifi

mickb22

Still Fresh
Website
Visit site
so i am a newb (I admit it) but i was thinking that we could use the wifi for some games. like shooters. like redsteel, or quake, that i think would be beast. But i still don't know how good the wifi is, so i want to know what you guys think. oh yeah and i can't make the games. (i have light programming skilz)

You don't need to TELL me you are a total 9 year old "newb", it's so obvious it isn't funny. First of all, Red steel is a wii game. its a commercial wii game by a large company, and it has not a snowballs chance in the furnace of hell that it would ever, EVER be on the pandora, especially since it was a shitty game that didn't support online multiplayer originally. The wifi is fucking WIFI: there is nothing "good or bad" about it. Thanks for telling us you can't make games, it's SO surprising. <_< Yeah, you have programming "skilz", I'm sure, you know how to say "hello world" on your calculator and now you consider yourself a programmer.
and never say beast, ever again. you're out of you element.

Wow you are quite a dick PoisonedV. Actually, wifi chips are not all created equal. He was talking about the wifi chip, if you didn't pick that up.

ramune said:
Wow you are quite a dick PoisonedV. Actually, wifi chips are not all created equal. He was talking about the wifi chip, if you didn't pick that up.
I can assure you he wasn't talking about encryption functionality or available frequencies, or standards compliance

Last edited by a moderator:
I would assume that since the Pandora is primarily a portable gaming device that the wireless will work fine for all games that take advantage of it.

Beyond that, not much to say until it is released, except that PoisonedV could have used a bit more discretion in that first response.

PoisonedV said:
You don't need to TELL me you are a total 9 year old "newb", it's so obvious it isn't funny. First of all, Red steel is a wii game. its a commercial wii game by a large company, and it has not a snowballs chance in the furnace of hell that it would ever, EVER be on the pandora, especially since it was a shitty game that didn't support online multiplayer originally. The wifi is fucking WIFI: there is nothing "good or bad" about it. Thanks for telling us you can't make games, it's SO surprising. <_< Yeah, you have programming "skilz", I'm sure, you know how to say "hello world" on your calculator and now you consider yourself a programmer.

1.I'm not 9
2. I'm not being funny
3.I meant Red Steel Like
4.I meant we could add wifi to the red steel like game
5.ramune is right
6.I don't know what a W D and R are on a calculator
7. I can say whatever i want
8. ramune is right. you are a dick.

M&D Cheese said:
PoisonedV said:

1.I'm not 9
2. I'm not being funny
3.I meant Red Steel Like
4.I meant we could add wifi to the red steel like game
5.ramune is right
6.I don't know what a W D and R are on a calculator
7. I can say whatever i want
8. ramune is right. you are a dick.

1. dont believe it
2.its a figure of speech
3. quoting that along with quake, which is going to be ported, was a bad choice
4. you mean THEY could, not "we". also, you don't add WIFI, you add online play.
5. I know he is, but that isn't what you meant and we both know that.
6. lol
7. so can I
8. thank you, and you are a moron

Well, you are being a dick. Bumping so a mod will see and lock this.

sindbad said:
Well, you are being a dick. Bumping so a mod will see and lock this.
bumping the topic that was already on top. yes, the forums are just riddled with intelligent posters

PoisonedV said:

PoisenedV is the man!! Dude I would buy him not just one beer but many beers based on the fact he hates senseless crap like that as much as I do. Bravo mate!! :D

Yeah, bravo. This isn't a lulz forum, it's a community where people are expected to be a little more mature and tolerant. If someone doesn't know something, you teach them. M&B hasn't done anything to attack anyone, so there's no reason for anyone to celebrate their self-proclaimed superior intellect by flaming him.

Gruso said:
Yeah, bravo. This isn't a lulz forum, it's a community where people are expected to be a little more mature and tolerant. If someone doesn't know something, you teach them. M&B hasn't done anything to attack anyone, so there's no reason for anyone to celebrate their self-proclaimed superior intellect by flaming him.
i didnt ask for applause

were getting off topic, but i think that someone should make an online shoot 'em up. i've been waiting for one of those...

Quake will be ported, as well as many other great FPS games, I'm sure. Most of which have great online playability. There's no need to do anything special with the wifi: it's just a means of connecting to a network. In simplest terms, the software will tell the Pandora "give me a network connection" and the Pandora will do the right thing.

M&D Cheese said:
were getting off topic, but i think that someone should make an online shoot 'em up. i've been waiting for one of those...
emulators have online play, and therefore online shmups.

M&D Cheese said:
so i am a newb (I admit it) but i was thinking that we could use the wifi for some games. like shooters. like redsteel, or quake, that i think would be beast. But i still don't know how good the wifi is, so i want to know what you guys think. oh yeah and i can't make the games. (i have light programming skilz)
Sorry for the rude intro. <_< It would indeed be cool if the wifi was used for games. That is up to the developers for the games rather then the people making the pandora itself. The people making the pandora have provided a device with quite a wide range of utilities for gaming, but it is up to the developers of the games to use them and use them correctly.

PoisonedV said:
Gruso said:
i didnt ask for applause

And M&D didn't ask to be harassed. I count five threads where you give him a hard time for asking a question. Do it again and you're on vacation.

Ok, i know this isn't the topic but it was mentioned... How do you spell Hello World on a calculator?

PoisonedV said:

Great work PoisonedV at making M&D feel welcomed on these forums, And answering his question with such a polite and insightful manner. I bet he just can not wait to return. :rolleyes:

I know we have had a huge influx of new members signing up to these forums in the last couple of months, And i must be honest, A lot of their questions have been silly to say the least. But this is to be expected, As the popularity of this site grows because of the imminent release of two new handheld consoles. As we all probably know, A lot of the people coming here recently are a lot less tech savvy than most of the members that have been here for quite a while.

So, If you can find it in you heart of hearts to be a little bit more tolerant, And less rude with your replies, Or maybe even give a little bit of that knowledge that you have to others not so fortunate as you. If you find that you may not be able to share that knowledge, Then do not reply.

Trooper

Wow, sorry you know, just thought someone so into "hacking, programming," would be a little more 'in the know'

Back