Pandora - Where To Buy

forgeflow

Still Fresh
I've been over at open-pandora.org, looked at the where to buy, looked at the 3 places listed to purchase the pandora... and I still don't know where a person would go to buy one. I was under the impression that the pandora was "done" and available for sale now. Certainly the amount of traffic the forums here would give the impression that it's being purchased and used. Near as I can make out, I'm to email someone and let them know I'm interested in buying... all of the sites look about 4 months out of date as far as availability information goes.

Confused.

I'd like to purchase one too but I don't think we'll be able to until the second batch is ready. They are just now finishing the preorder units and shipping them out.

To my knowledge, this is the most-current information;

craigix said:
You will, the first batch is sold out. Batch two is looking like August/Sept, there probably won't be much of a break in shipping between batch1 and batch2. We have started ordering the parts already, we will explain when you can order from batch2 soon.

Then batch 3 will probably follow on for Christmas.

It's all going at 1000MPH here suddenly!

Additionally, for the record, the e-mail address to contact (though I dare say there's not much point right now, since the first batch is sold out) is openpandorasales@gmail.com .

I hope this sheds some light. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
forgeflow said:
I've been over at open-pandora.org, looked at the where to buy, looked at the 3 places listed to purchase the pandora... and I still don't know where a person would go to buy one. I was under the impression that the pandora was "done" and available for sale now. Certainly the amount of traffic the forums here would give the impression that it's being purchased and used. Near as I can make out, I'm to email someone and let them know I'm interested in buying... all of the sites look about 4 months out of date as far as availability information goes.

Confused.

Youre too late XD , you should have pre-ordered one -___-

they'll be taking orders for the second batch shortly, so just email the address given above and ask to be informed when they become available.

mysticmaus said:
Youre too late XD , you should have pre-ordered one -___-

Sometimes I'm embarrassed to be part of the human race.

What's confusing? You have 95 posts to the board and you couldn't bother to search at all? Yeesh...

Nailz said:
What's confusing? You have 95 posts to the board and you couldn't bother to search at all? Yeesh...
I think that was the point I was trying to make... Purchasing something shouldn't be a matter of solving a puzzle, or tracking down clues. Even the email address given above is different from the one on given on the site the "where to buy" link takes you to. Its all a bit of a mystery.

forgeflow said:
Nailz said:
I think that was the point I was trying to make... Purchasing something shouldn't be a matter of solving a puzzle, or tracking down clues. Even the email address given above is different from the one on given on the site the "where to buy" link takes you to. Its all a bit of a mystery.

Point.

It's a mystery because only a few of these consoles exist. Up until last week, it still seemed to be a risk to buy this console. No release date was promised, and you won't receive a Pandora any time soon, even if you order now.

The OpenPandora Team needs to be sure that you know what you're getting into. ;)
(It's an honest mistake; the team is so busy assembling the Pandoras and dealing with part manufacturers that there isn't much time to deal with the various websites right now.)

The updated information should soon be posted to the openpandora.org web site.

It only makes sense for the business to let the buying public know they are shipping preorders and will be meeting demand expectations soon.

As it stands right now the early adopter reviews are stirring up a lot of additional interest. when thousands of early adopters receive their units, the demand will be there and it's best to answer the immediate questions on the first resource people will check - the manufacturer's web site.

forgeflow said:
Nailz said:

Touche', and I dig the Shatner icon btw...

Dude.
Order it from KMART.
kmart_tagrgb.jpg

back to topic (sorry ;)) - just a quick question, probably asked/answered in another thread already, but they are so massive - so sorry for double post beforehand ;)

are there any dates about second batch ordering already?

i'm asking because i might turn my back onto GPH because i'm disappointed about their upcoming release of cannoo and i want a handheld with 3d capability to program on ...

crow_riot said:
are there any dates about second batch ordering already?
There are pretty much no definite dates for anything in this project.
They're hoping to start second batch shipping straight away after the first batch is done, if they can, so...
Two Months :p

Back