Pandora to Pandora Connectivity?

GeBeCluck23

Hey, I'm in the process of getting another Pandora in, and I was wondering if it's possible to connect them to each other, wireless or otherwise. I understand the Pandora is a rather...rare product, and even it's even rarer for there to be more than one in the same place, so I doubt there would be such a feature, but I think it'd be pretty cool to play SNES, PS1, or some other games multiplayer!

Is there a feature to connect them via bluetooth? Kind of like what you do with Wii remotes, only connecting a Pandora instead? If there isn't such a feature, would it be possible to add one?

Last edited by a moderator:
You can connect them via network or Bluetooth and they'd see each other as any other two PCs connected on a network. Whether you can take advantage of this (multiplayer SNES, for example) is entirely up to the application itself.

I'm not aware of any games or emulators that do, though. It is not an easy thing to do.

You can connect them via network or Bluetooth and they'd see each other as any other two PCs connected on a network. Whether you can take advantage of this (multiplayer SNES, for example) is entirely up to the application itself.

I'm not aware of any games or emulators that do, though. It is not an easy thing to do.
Temper has net multiplayer but I've never heard of anyone even trying it (except for me). Big waste of time on my part :p The people working on the GCW Zero port could probably get it working there too. If they did there's no reason why it wouldn't work in tandem with the Pandora version. I did much of my testing with me on a Pandora and someone else using it on a PC compilation, IIRC it even worked with a Windows build.

I even made a list of cart-based games I found multiplayer in: http://exophase.devzero.co.uk/pce_multiplayer.txt if anyone's interested, although I don't see why they would be now!

I'm pretty sure some other emulators on Pandora have netplay too but I can't remember specifically what.

If you use master control as a bluetooth controller then it should work for any emulator/game that supports gamepads (of course only the pandora running the emulator/game will show anything on the screen)

Has anyone tried to use master control to connect to another pandora? (probably not :p )

Maybe it's ambiguous in the topic.. but I thought this was about multiplayer between Pandoras where they were used independently. If you use one Pandora as a controller for another Pandora you'd still have the game/emulator only displaying on one of the Pandoras. I assumed that wasn't what was wanted here.

Maybe it's ambiguous in the topic.. but I thought this was about multiplayer between Pandoras where they were used independently. If you use one Pandora as a controller for another Pandora you'd still have the game/emulator only displaying on one of the Pandoras. I assumed that wasn't what was wanted here.
That is what I understood too.

If we had an application, which sends a videostream from the machine, that is actually running the Emulator to the one, which is just the second controller,

we would have SNES/PSX/etc... multiplayer without TV-Out or any additional altering in the programs already. No Gameboy multiplayer this way though.

Another way would be the one, which ZBattle.net / Zsnes used for netmultiplay, I think only the controller input is streamed ingame there

and every machine runs the emulator itself, if I understood correctly.

Wow, thanks for all the replies! I'll definitely try these when I get the second Pandora in. In the meantime, yes I meant playing games on both screens simultaneously, kind of like DS to DS play, rather that's through video feed or otherwise doesn't really matter, whichever is easier/more do-able I guess...

On the other hand, if you can only use one screen, that's still better than nothing! That would make using TV-Out multiplayer a charm! It would be great to be able to do both single screen, and double, at different times, depending on what you're doing.

Back