Pandora starters guide Micro Mart 1219

WingNut

Still Fresh
Hello all,

I recently recieved my Pandora in the post a day or two ago, and was ready to spend a day getting it up and running. Can you imagine my surprise when I saw a starters guide in this weeks Micro Mart, written by David Hayward.

The starters guide is great, and has held my hand through the process of getting going. I'm now up and running and having a look through the PND store. I just wanted to say thank you to the Pandora team for creating such a great device, and thanks to David Hayward who I guess writes for you too?

Now I'm looking at other projects for Pandora, and as David Hayward says, you guys in the forums are a great bunch and very friendly. What does everyone else do with theirs?

Eric.

While I chat to the people at MM now and again, I didn't know they were doing this.

They are probably going to be reviewing the 1Ghz Pandora though, so it's nice they are covering the Pandora in general.

Last edited by a moderator:
I guess it was a surprise for you then? They say in the starters guide they really like it. Can you image them all in the Micro Mart office playing Doom!

Some people have all the luck!

Eric.

I'm a subscriber, but I think they do an electronic version, although I have no idea where to get it from. Do you think I'd get into trouble if I scan it in and attach it here?

Eric.

Do you think I'd get into trouble if I scan it in and attach it here?

It's been done with other articles in the past and nobody's complained, I believe it's supposed to be good form however to wait until the containing magazine is no longer on sale so as to not decrease sales of it.

Last edited by a moderator:
I read this yesterday! think it`s four pages.. pretty damn good really... if no one else can manage it, I`ll buy and scan it here for you guys..

Nice article, cheers for upload, I'll probably go pick up a copy of this from whsmiths today myself too

It is only a starters guide, and he does point the readers to this forum. But any advertising is better than none, at least its positive, upbeat and a good read.

Eric.

Nice - I notice in the ending there is high praise for the FUSE ZX Spectrum emulator on it.

FUSE is great, I use it a lot, but it 's not been updated since pre-Hotfix 6 days, and with any version of the firmware beyond HF6a4 has a continuous 'clicking' noise.

Just in case Speccy fans reading that flock to try it out, know that as it stands it's best run by having an SD card with an older firmware to boot with. Totally worth dedicating one 4Gb card for the purpose ;)

Just tried Fuse but didn't get a clicking noise. Manic Miner is ace (again)

Eric.

Back