Pandora Sdk

zxxgp

Website
Visit site
I did a search for SDK and it didn't return any results.

I was wondering if there were plans for a Pandora SDK like they had for the GP2X.

Lots of discussion on that here and in the dev thread. There really isn't an official one, or a toolchain. Only a set of standards and a "good luck" pretty much. There is more info on the wiki but I am pretty much stuck here as well.

I have been chasing down one of these for awhile now and with no luck.
I have been given a list of programs that can be used and as stated above a good luck and to use an ARM toolchain..

You don't need an SDK to make programs for most platforms, especially LINUX based ones. Unlike closed platforms (iPhone, etc), You can just copy your program binary onto a SD card and run it on the Pandora like a normal computer. An SDK is generally just a properly setup group of libraries + utilities + toolchains + IDE that you could just as easily download individually.

For Pandora Development:

Toolchain = Any ARM-Linux GCC (ie CodeSourcery) + GNU Make
IDE = What ever you like. I use Code::Blocks.
Libraries = You will be able to copy the shared objects + headers from the Pandora OS. I'm guessing most the Angstrom libraries will be available, others will be download-able as they're ported.
Utilities = There's nothing really critical but if you use OGLES you'll want to grab the PowerVR SDK.

Once the Pandora's released I'm sure someone will package all this into a nice zip that you can download.

I've been using my Touchbook for development in the meantime, and it will produce binaries compatible with the Pandora, hopefully .. no cross-compiling in this environment, the Touchbook itself hosts all development tools necessary. :) I hope we can get a similar setup on the Pandora - I will be looking at putting the compiler onboard as soon as possible, anyway.

Yep, Pandora is basically a standard Linux system :)
Just using whatever you like and compiling an ARM executable with dynamically linked libraries and most stuff runs out of the box.

There will be more detailed stuff at the Wiki as soon as the image is packed with everything it should be packed with :)

I hope I just just code in Java Swing/AWT/JOGL/LWJGL (latter 2 will need to be OGL-ES versions, if there is one) and it will 'just work'. Brother has a Droid so hopefully I can get it to work on there as well some day.

Back