Pandora repair - damaged shoulder button

Lanboy

Still Fresh
I bought a second Pandora a few years ago so that I would have backup in case the one I carry every day was damaged. My girlfriend manged to drop it, damaging what I assume is some form of momentary switch behind the button itself. Is this something I could have repaired by the DragonBox shop?

It's worth taking the bottom off the unit. Often on those shoulders the button goes inside the plastic on the edge, but it's less likely the drop applied enough force to bend the button inside.

Getting the screws out can be tricky though. If you're not confident with a screwdriver it might be worth finding someone more experienced, but that gotcha avoided it's not a complicated operation.

Reactions: rSl
Mine wasn't repairable, so I did this:

Reactions: rSl
Usually, the PCB is not damaged - so if you're able solder, open it up and see if resoldering it does fix it.
If you can't or don't want to do is, we can do it for free as well.

I removed the back panel and it would appear that the switch has come away from the board on one side. The solder is no longer in contact with the switch. It's been over twenty years since I did any soldering so I'm a little nervous, but I will dust off the soldering iron. Thanks everyone.

Back