Pandora Pandora Programming Tools

nagy

Still Fresh
Hi all,

I know it may be a strange question, but here goes - what tools would be best to write programs for Pandora?

I'm thinking of using Qt (http://qt.nokia.com/products). I'm not very proficient of C++, but i'm getting there...

Thanks for your help :)

Mitja

PS: What exacly will a "toolchain" be?

edit: typo

I dont have experience with Qt (or anything like that), but I did see somewhere Qt would be available. A toolchain is basically all the compilers and the tools and files for them

Depends what you want to do, but for my efforts I'm sticking to good ol' gcc and using some libs, like GLES2.0, for all the graphics and so on .. of course if you want windows and standard GUI's you can't do much better than Qt, or you could also look into SDL as well .. but it really depends what you want to do. Perhaps even the onboard python and its libs for GUI/3D/Sound/etc. will suffice?

Well, my first real project will be to write a special GUI. It will be quite simple - retrieving text logs from server, filtering content and matching/evaluating towards saved values (according to test cases that i'll choose). Nothing fancy, just an interface (yes, communication via SSH will be a challenge I guess, but i'm still working out a concept). It'll enable me to link up to certain systems and analyse logs, so i can work faster. I'm looking to use it for MasterCard and Visa testing and will be a real timesaver.

Theory sounds nice, we'll see how it'll turn out :)

I wouldn't call QT a "tool" a tool would be more like an IDE. A tool chain is used to compile software, typically for a operating system or architecture different than the compiling system.

What's wrong with just outputting to the console at first? It's a good place to start, you don't have to worry about libraries and jazz, you just get the base of the program going.

Back