Pandora Price Again?

I think Mr. Borg knows that HTC Desire != A Pandora.

But I agree. Empty threats. He loves us to much to quit now

borgqueenx said:
The htc desire is beautiful.
I know how you feel, I'm waiting for the HTC EVO 4g myself, but I'm not canceling my preorder.

Last edited by a moderator:
I can tell you that an HTC desire costs almost £200 more than the pandora cost me when I preordered in May last year, and over double the price of a pandora if you preordered at the very beginning.

borgqueenx said:
Whats the EU price scheme again, from openpandorasales? I forgot what i paid and need to consider the amount if i cancel for a other device.
The htc desire is beautiful.
Your threats do not scare us.
A quick look at xe.com/ucc says 330$ equals to 247€

Yeah but the eu price was different.
So can someone give me a copy and paste please?
Im not threatening now nls...

The pandora is still a very cool device...but i dont see the end of the tunnel.

I dont wanna bother the sales team so thats why i asked here.

borgqueenx said:
Yeah but the eu price was different.
So can someone give me a copy and paste please?
Im not threatening now nls...

The pandora is still a very cool device...but i dont see the end of the tunnel.

I dont wanna bother the sales team so thats why i asked here.
It should be 330USD => EUR ~247€ + UK VAT 17.5% => ~291€ + shipping (dunno). Over a year ago I paid something like 306€ with air mail shipping.

@Borg
I do not understand, tbh. Craig didn't offer a price in Euros. Why didn't you order at ED's shop? And why did you delete your order confirmation mail? You don't even know your order number any more?

I paid 314,08€€ shipping included at ED's store, it was not long ago: november 2009.
(299€ without shipping)

Just a word of advice if you in UK and looking to get an HTC Desire
...DONT get it on T-mobile

They have put some overlaying s/w or something on it, and it makes it laggy as hell in comparison to a standard Desire

I know 3 people with this phone, and we done dogfight tests for starting apps etc, and the main thing that was immidietly obvious when side by side, the t-mob one was glitchy and not smooth when scrolling through the menus, where as the others were sweet as.

could be something else i guess, but i think its t-mob installing some junk on it

nice phone though, but lacking in nubs unfortunately

Maybe he meant GBP, not Euros. In which case it was 199GBP. If bought within the UK, there's also 17.5% tax. Plus shipping, don't forget. That 199GBP was about 330USD back when first pre-ordering, but is now only worth $305. You'd lose about $25 due to exchange rates if you canceled. And are in the US, which I don't know.

i cant believe he is asking such a thing, where's your receipt if you ever plant to receive a product??? (not just panda but other stuff too)
or a confirmation code at least????

OP could easily say hey you never paid, so No panda 4 u

Dear borgqueenx,

You have posted on these boards thousands of times and probably pre order`d in the first few days like I did. I know it is wearing thin... Ive seen hundreds of posts saying we are getting close when we were no such thing but surely we are just weeks away from actually getting the thing now... I know its dragging on badly now but going out and buying that touch screen device is a hollow victory... Im absolutely no one to advise you or lecture anyone for that matter but once the eye candy is nothing new to you and the next model comes out in 6 months then what??? we are bound to have our Pandora`s by then and you`ll be sick as a parrot... bored... and everyone will be talking about some other soul-less must have phone with crappy touch screen and no gaming controls.

Stick with it dude, I dont even know you but I know you want more than what the masses put up with... thats why your here! :)

(Hope im not out of line with what Im saying here, It was for all the right reasons...)

I'd like to quote myself from January.

Sugar_Kane said:
borgqueenx said:
thanks for the pictures and your thoughts....but still i cant touch it, or own it.
Its taking so damn long, its like everything that could go wrong, is going wrong.

Sorry i sound so sad about this, but well...i cant wait much longer. im going to cancel if the next cases are not green lighted.

Chin up, Borg. You're not cancelling, and you damn well know it!

And may I say, Chin up, Borg. You're not cancelling, and you damn well know it!

Back