Pandora phone

Z

zawette

Hello :)

Are we going to see a pandora phone on the future ??

It would be extremly cool :) think of a phone with a keyboard and gaming boutons ! with tegra 4 maybe :)

OMg that would be extremly cool

No, unfortunately. Creating a phone requires a lot of money. In order to market a phone in most of the world you need to comply to a lot of regulations which requires a lot of (expensive) tests and licenses. It's just not feasible for a niche market like the Pandora, at least not without adding a significant amount to a price that people already complain about.

A pandora-shaped device would never be much good for use as a handset anyway - you can always buy a cheap phone with 3G and bluetooth tethering (and a pandora to connect to it)

My reaction implied that I agree with you.

A small bluetooth keyboard with touchpad like the Rii Mini and one of the iControl style gaming controls with clamps are the way to go.

Are there native keyboard drivers included in Android 4?

Last edited by a moderator:
Does 3G (or 4G) have the same problem? If not, then maybe a Pandora successor could have built-in 3G and you could use some kind of voip (with linphone or something like that).

Skype doesn't run on the Pandora, not natively nor in Android (unless something has changed since I tried several months ago)

Back