Question - ?

Still Fresh
Hello guys

Very exited about the Pandora, it is a dream come true. extremly promising for me

i know about the open source stuff and the main goal of the pandora being "an emulator" for older consoles

but are any of the major game developers interested in making games for the pandora?

if so, what will it be the medium on which the game will be on?

thanks

thebrainwasher said:
i know about the open source stuff and the main goal of the pandora being "an emulator" for older consoles
Just to nip this in the bud real quick: Although we are looking forward to the prospects of emulation, emulation is by no means the "main goal" of the Pandora. It is only one of the many co-existing goals. Trust me, if you keep spouting that, the UMPC and homebrew groups will eat you alive.

thebrainwasher said:
but are any of the major game developers interested in making games for the pandora?
No. And depending on your definition of "major" there might never be a time when this is true. If this game gets any commercial games, it will probably be on the level of commercial games for the 2X. (and possibly Indie games) Don't expect Capcom or Square Enix to be making anything for this handheld. (although I am really considering starting a petition for Street Fighter 4 to be released on the Pandora ^_^)

-God Ginrai

Last edited by a moderator:
Stardock is an hour away from my house. If I can get in contact with them after release they might look into it.

Especially if I find the money to buy them a few. Although I don't expect SoaSE on the Pandora.

God Ginrai said:
thebrainwasher said:
Just to nip this in the bud real quick: Although we are looking forward to the prospects of emulation, emulation is by no means the "main goal" of the Pandora. It is only one of the many co-existing goals. Trust me, if you keep spouting that, the UMPC and homebrew groups will eat you alive.

thebrainwasher said:
No. And depending on your definition of "major" there might never be a time when this is true. If this game gets any commercial games, it will probably be on the level of commercial games for the 2X. (and possibly Indie games) Don't expect Capcom or Square Enix to be making anything for this handheld. (although I am really considering starting a petition for Street Fighter 4 to be released on the Pandora ^_^)

-God Ginrai

thanks for the reply , first of all
maybe that the fact that i said "main goal" let people to believe that pandora is all that.
initialy i wanted to write "goal" without the "main" , oh well. :pandora1: is a must buy for me

well , about the game developers. i am really looking forward to the older stuff.. nes,amiga, etc but i was wondering if there was a change of a ... let's say mmo racing game for pandora. made especially for pandora.

altough, i saw yesterday some open source games and i was really surprised. if Sauerbraten get's ported to pandora... my jaw will be on the floor :) . is there any thing official about this? i am very new to the forums and didn't read all the articles and threads.

I think that the only FPS that has been done so far has been Quake 2. There's a video of that on youtube:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TGz52EIVN8s

I believe that Quake 3 is being actively worked on right now.

thebrainwasher said:
well , about the game developers. i am really looking forward to the older stuff.. nes,amiga, etc but i was wondering if there was a change of a ... let's say mmo racing game for pandora. made especially for pandora.
It's certainly possible for you to get an MMO racing game... If a capable dev feels like coding/porting one.

-God Ginrai

emil10001 said:
I think that the only FPS that has been done so far has been Quake 2. There's a video of that on youtube:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TGz52EIVN8s

I believe that Quake 3 is being actively worked on right now.

i saw the video of quake 2... really really nice.

i am looking forward to quake 3... played online on :pandora1: :)

Back