Pandora Owners: Any Other Hardware Issues?

you want them to manually mask 18,000 shoulder pieces?

Yea, that'll happen in a fast and non-delay causing process. Also they will do it for free. I'd say it's probably a smarter idea to not paint the shoulder buttons.

Jesus H Christ.

Hundreds of Pandoras out there. <1% with problems and still you bitch on as if every unit is fucked, don't you think the forum would be FLOODED with complaints ala the GP2X F100 if this was the case?

Get real. You wanted the Pandora to fail. It didn't.

Get over it.

(the same goes to GP32Spain who are being even worse).

Phawx said:
you want them to manually mask 18,000 shoulder pieces?

Yea, that'll happen in a fast and non-delay causing process. Also they will do it for free. I'd say it's probably a smarter idea to not paint the shoulder buttons.
That isn't as hard as you think. They have to hold them while painting anyway. If they made some kind of jig where they placed the holes of the buttons over a mandril and clamped a rubber piece to hold them in place the holes would be protected from paint. There are ways to do it as I have seen it done.

Last edited by a moderator:
sinoth said:
craigix said:

Oh Craig. You are the true reason I support Pandora.

I'm confused Mali, when Craig says they are bitching it's OK, but when I do, it's spamming?
Just set me straight so I know the rules next time...

conso said:
I disassembled and sprayed my nephews bike last year, together with him.

I guess he learnt the hard way, I`m sure he will be masking himself up in future though. :rolleyes:

Trooper

centus said:
sinoth said:
craigix said:

Oh Craig. You are the true reason I support Pandora.

I'm confused Mali, when Craig says they are bitching it's OK, but when I do, it's spamming?
Well he did say Craig's mail was rage :lol:
Which isn't necessarily nice, good, or ok.
Although we know the lack of sleep and pressure their under, etc oh and it's Craig :lol:

centus said:
I see your point. Craig is a stupid spammer, you should know by now :p

DaveC said:
Mithrildor said:
No Craig, the L and R are a problem as of the result of the bad drilling
They shouldn't be painting the holes at the China factory. The case was never designed to be painted. Since they did decide to paint it things will show up. Paint adds another thickness which will throw things off.

They should be masking those holes off at the Chinese factory. That whole internal "knuckle" could be masked off.
They should had done the cases right so that they didn't need painting. Propper surface "sand blasting" or whatever the common way is to get this silk surface shouldn't be any problem. The NDSi case looks very nice (and fits even much better togehter) and I'm sure at least the black one isn't painted.
I don't know exactly why the Pandora case is a bigger problem than other Handhelds. ED mentioned all the holes of the Keyboard area but there is actualy no problem, but onto the top lid is (and some things at the LCD "frame"). maybe because of the huge uncommon material thickness-difference, maybe because of whatever.
I still believe, that the most problems are not caused from the Case but from the case factory. I classified the Factory officially as incapable.
Your Design DaceC is OK. I maybe would had done a better "smoother" looking Transition between inner lid part (the Palstic around the LCD) and outer lid part (top case) but thats just optic. ;)

fusion_power said:
emcp said:
reference nintendo, way too lose your point
Why not? They just cook with water too. ;)

Dont forget the 75 billion GBP, which some articles are quoting
and years of experience, and millions of workers, who have trained there entire life

emcp said:
fusion_power said:
emcp said:
reference nintendo, way too lose your point
Why not? They just cook with water too. ;)

and years of experience, and millions of workers, who have trained there entire life

Even the old Game Boys and Game & Watches had good production values. Even 20+ years later, those machines still look fabulous and feel solid.

Drak said:
EvilDragon said:
That was one of the first units then, we had to deal with those L/R buttons and not all did work out perfectly.
The best option is to replace the R-Button, if it's so annoying.

If that fixes it, it's no hardware but a software problem. Alsa could still need a bit more of optimization.
I tried to make a setting so that the buffer is not too high (otherwise games have a bit of delay) and sound quality is good.
It worked for me - but maybe it depends on the Bitrate of the MP3, too, as the crackling usually appears when the CPU is in heavy use.
Looks like I'll wait to buy a new R-button, I don't think I really need it now anyway :)

The sound is kind of weird, most of my music is 320kbps mp3 and it only happens to a few of the songs... Good to know it's software.
You have to pay for a replacement button yourself? Shouldn't the warranty cover something like this?

Also, congrats to the OP team (and everyone associated with it) for the release.

they had almost 100 years before the first electronic games were released

lets steer this topic back on track

mali said:
centus said:
I see your point. Craig is a stupid spammer, you should know by now :p

That's what I like about you man, you live by your rules, not the world's... ;)

^ Actually, I'm starting to get a bit confused, as there is too much happening between the lines, it seems. I'm German btw, and I miss things, because of that.
I assume you are referencing my post in the nub issue thread, where I said that my favourite spam-words for the spamfilter were "bitching", "whining" etc.

I just don't like when people, who post problems or fears, get run down by calling them whiners or similar nonsense. The folks in the other thread did it and Craig did it here, so I don't quite understand how I have different rules for different people, as those accusations came from the same side. My own rules seem to be consistent with normal rules, I think.
Dunno, did you confuse Sinoth's avatar with mine? You were quoting him and talking to me. Btw, it's possible that Sinoth was a bit ironic in his post.

mali said:
Dunno, did you confuse Sinoth's avatar with mine? You were quoting him and talking to me. Btw, it's possible that Sinoth was a bit ironic in his post.

I think it is more than likely that Sinoth was being sarcastic.

emcp said:
OPT told us many times, that the case factory is a big company with alot of experience. They do jobs for big companies so why shouldn't they have a common quality Standard? "Nintendo Case Quality" is not an exotic thing for me, it is simply a standard that nearly every cheap China Handheld reaches. So I can't see any reason why "our" case company needed 8 Months to make something that doesn't look like it had 8 Months of polishing.
That has nothing to do with Open Pandora Team (they work good enough) but with the case Compqany.

Back