Pandora Nub Mode Help

007jaws

hi anyone know how i can change the nub mode so i can use the nubs as joysticks for games?

I can't seem to do it in settings as there is no option i can find, do i have to download some sort of APP for this and where from?

cheers

007jaws

most games that support joysitc control will activate the mode when needed. there is a setting somewhere. Under 'setttings--nubs' if I remember correctly

Pleng said:
most games that support joysitc control will activate the mode when needed. there is a setting somewhere. Under 'setttings--nubs' if I remember correctly
cheers mate, i have tried settings-nubs, but the only option it gives is restore nubs, configure right nub and configure left nub, i remember ED done a video on this called nub settings on youtube and as one vid per day but he seemed to have more options on the nubs settings, i dont know how he accessed it, but i think i have to download a software/app for this

cheers

007jaws

Last edited by a moderator:
once you choose 'configure right/let nub' you get presented with a whole host of other options

Pleng said:
once you choose 'configure right/let nub' you get presented with a whole host of other options
Damn i never realised that, i'll try it right now

thanks buddy

007jaws

Last edited by a moderator:
hi it seems to work, options are given for nub mode e.t.c., i tried a few games and emulaters but they dont support joystick mode, on neo geo emulater i have configured joystick mode via the emulater but no luck

maybe only certain games support the analog nub mode
cheers!

Are there actually any NeoGeo games that used an analogue joystick? I thought they all digital joysitcs? It' not going to be much fun trying to play digitally controlled games with an analogue nub. Anyway if you want to give it a go I'm pretty sure that PicoDrive supports use of the nubs.

hi

i wanted to play the King of fighters games with the nubs so i can do the special moves abit faster with combinations and also neo drift car game works better with joystick just wanted the arcade feel, if you know what i mean

cheers

yea you're not going to get the arcade feel using nubs! :) I'd imagine it would actually be a lot more DIFFICULT to pull of the moves on king of fighters using the nubs. At what point are you going to want the nubs to register? Half lock? Full lock? If it's half lock you're going to have no feedback as to whether you've actually hit the direction or not, and it's full lock it's going to take quite a while to travel between two perpendicular directions. And then you have to work out how to deal with diagonals...

yeah your right that its not gonna give the best joystick feel, i have just downloaded gp2x wiz final burn emulater and mame wiz emulater and they work fine via Ginge, I think the best use of the nubs is for the ps1 emulater and games such as Quake and Doom. Thanks dude for your help with the nubs

Back