Pandora Logo?

Eclipse said:
Eclipse said:
my try

f_pandoram_a17418b.png

edit: just reminded that the old treasure software house had a very similar logo :\ but i think it's nice too :p

no opinions? :(

I kinda like it, I think maybe it would be a little better if the P&|a was bursting from the box itself.
Like the letter are throw together and just happen to arrange in such a way?

Last edited by a moderator:
Ooh, ooh, I have an idea! Why don't we just make the whole thing blank, put all the warnings and standards under the battery cover, and only leave the buttons with writing on them? I would love a blank electronic device for once. Plus, if stickers/other stuff came out for it, there would be plenty of room for customization.

Just a thought.

OMars said:
Ooh, ooh, I have an idea! Why don't we just make the whole thing blank, put all the warnings and standards under the battery cover, and only leave the buttons with writing on them? I would love a blank electronic device for once. Plus, if stickers/other stuff came out for it, there would be plenty of room for customization.

Just a thought.
I agree, not only is it much more classy but it plays off the somewhat mysterious name.It's Pandora's Box after all, you have to open it too see what's inside, you cant just look at the label :D

Stealth Bagel said:
stop it stop it stop it
No one will ever take a device seriously with such ridiculous shit on it.
This should be it : p&|a

And the entire manual and menus should be written in |337 :p

No one will understand P&|a, it's like some shitty computer joke from a linux IRC channel full of elitist idiots... I mean the box open with the things springing out looks decent if cleaned up and done in vectors, but the text underneath it makes it look like a fucking joke and no one will take it seriously. It'll look like some kind of a toy made for kids like a vtech computer with nonsense written all over it.

I hope the device has nothing on it just to spite this thread.

Stealth Bagel said:
No one will understand P&|a, it's like some shitty computer joke from a linux IRC channel full of elitist idiots... I mean the box open with the things springing out looks decent if cleaned up and done in vectors, but the text underneath it makes it look like a fucking joke and no one will take it seriously. It'll look like some kind of a toy made for kids like a vtech computer with nonsense written all over it.

I hope the device has nothing on it just to spite this thread.
I'm not a Linux elitist... and I kinda like P&|A. I think anyone with a programming background, even a simple basic beginner's background like me, can understand it.

Pandora is a hobbyist's machine, made for hobbyists by hobbyists.

As such I don't think it will EVER be "taken seriously" anyway. And by "seriously" I'm guessing you mean like the ipod or iphone. Which is fine, because I personally don't take Apple products seriously anyway. :p

But I will say this - at the end of the day, a slick graphical logo would probably be best for marketing. You don't want to limit appeal to ONLY your obvious core audience. P@|A is really cute, but in the end it may not be the best way to go.

How about something with "Pandora" as text and the logo incoporating P&|A? That would make everybody happy. Maybe a box with P&|A coming out.

Stealth Bagel said:
elitist idiots
:rolleyes:

Stealth Bagel said:
I don't particularly care for p&|a either, but you are totally overstating it. People who don't get it will likely assume its just a serial code of some sort. And it certainly doesn't look kiddy at all. Geeky maybe, but not kiddy. It's too indecipherable to be kiddy.

Well, considering & means "and" in even the English language, I think people will guess what the | means even if they don't know already.

After all, it could be worse. It could have been called the Wii :)

Stealth Bagel, you seem to me like a very angry person, and you seem to absolutely LOATHE everything that doesn't coincide with your own ideas of how the Pandora should be executed and marketed. I'll write you a prescription for a hundred hugs from someone you love. I hope that helps.

I'm not a programmer and I've never been big on Linux, but I got the "joke". Someone mentioned using it as PART of the logo together with the name itself, and that's kind of what I thought everyone was suggesting already, so I'm game for that.

Although... I still like the thought of just the name.

However, I'm sure they'll be able to come up with something stylish. GPH managed to make a stupid name look pretty cool (was that a contest? I dunno.) and I'm sure Craig and co. will be able to come up with something as well.

EDIT: Also, I always thought Wii was a ruttin' stroke of genius, but that's just me.

I'm not 'angry', I just think it's an outrageously stupid idea and I'm sick of hearing it repeated especially since it will never make its way to the final product.... like all that talk of Dvorak. I mean WTF? That was never going to happen and everyone knew it. Move on.

Stealth Bagel said:
I'm not 'angry', I just think it's an outrageously stupid idea and I'm sick of hearing it repeated especially since it will never make its way to the final product.... like all that talk of Dvorak. I mean WTF? That was never going to happen and everyone knew it. Move on.
P&|a != Dvorak

I agree, P&|a is alittle too much. I could see it being a hit if it were some flashy/clever logo, but if you're just going to put P&|a on the top of the case without incorporating it into a logo, I wouldn't find it too attractive; but that's just my opinion.

Anyways, nothing is worst than the Wii, I mean really. Going from something cool like the Revolution to the Wii, how lame is that?

I think you already said this when you posted it, but maybe make it look a tad more different from the actual Treasure logo:

treasure-games-company-7394.jpg
f_pandoram_a17418b.png

Don't get me wrong, the idea is nifty, and the lil firecrackers coming out of it a nice touch, but even if you just alter the proportions a tad, it may make it look a tad less like a copy. Maybe squish the box to make it even more rectangular or something, or something(yeah, a second something, I admit I'm having a hard time forming my thoughts on this one). But I immediately saw the Treasure similarities when I saw that(then again, I'm a shmup freak, so maybe my opinion is a tad bit biased in that regard).

Back