Pandora is for hipster wankers

gruso

thunderbox
Website
pandorapress.net
At least, according to a comment on another forum today. :D The tech gadget equivalent of a fixie.

What say you, hipster douchebags? Is it like looking in a mirror?

859yU.jpg

I think he's pretty well off the mark. But it says something about the mindshare Pandora has outside this little community. In a strange way it's actually quite complimentary.

ps.
kz7Dr.jpg

I was almost ready to get really pissed off, but the I saw the ´Started by by: Gruso´ bit.

also link? I need to get my troll on.

Umm, what IS a "hipster"...? Isn't that a type of jeans, or something? :p I thought we were geeks? :)

Last edited by a moderator:
No whe are no hipsters, whe are Underground Nerds, Hipsters are Phsydo Nerds whit theyr Macs etc :angry:

Whe are Pandorians, whe dont fit in a drawer, whe are an cabinet

The exact second I see someone wearing glasses without lenses I want to press the 'reset planet earth' button

What say you, hipster douchebags? Is it like looking in a mirror?

Picture
It looks like I need to take a look at my privacy settings...

When I think of hipsters, I think of people who listen to "indie" music and pride themselves on being independent, yet they support large corporations such as Apple, Starbucks, and Tom & Jerry's Ice Cream (at least, I think they're corporations). When I think of the people who preordered Pandoras (Pandorai? Red Baron?), I think of people who made an informed decision based on their needs, not based on what the crowd is doing or is expected to do.

P.S. I've come to realize that during my elementary school days, I could be referred to as an "unintentional hipster." And I was tormented because of it. Now people want to look like this?

The end of that video is funniest thing i heard all day, hadn't seen that before

It looks like I need to take a look at my privacy settings...

When I think of hipsters, I think of people who listen to "indie" music and pride themselves on being independent, yet they support large corporations such as Apple, Starbucks, and Tom & Jerry's Ice Cream (at least, I think they're corporations). When I think of the people who preordered Pandoras (Pandorai? Red Baron?), I think of people who made an informed decision based on their needs, not based on what the crowd is doing or is expected to do.

P.S. I've come to realize that during my elementary school days, I could be referred to as an "unintentional hipster." And I was tormented because of it. Now people want to look like this?
Yeah, I'm a but of a coincidental hipster as well, but maybe not because I'm somewhat socially awkward. I'm really just an open-source geek.

This only would make sense if hipsters drove an electric bicycle with CVT and everyone else drove a fixie with all the parts welded on.

Yeah, I'm a but of a coincidental hipster as well, but maybe not because I'm somewhat socially awkward. I'm really just an open-source geek.
I'm totally awkward when it comes to social situations. I just stopped caring what other people thought.

P.S. I just looked at what a "fixie" is. Isn't the Pandora more like a typical geared bicycle since you can change the clock speed to best suit what you're doing?

Otherwise known as a 'dickhead' in the UK thanks to a successful song about them :

https://www.youtube.com/embed/lVmmYMwFj1I?feature=oembed

CraigIx, thanks for referring me (and the others) to the song from "The Grand Spectacular".

Now I know the appropriate term for a fashion phenomenon, which I have observed throughout the last months within my art university, particularly among the architecture and fashion students.

When I first saw the song I was sure I'd not seen these people around, I was assured I would see them, and now I see them everywhere.

I like to think they will one day see the video.

Sounds all a bit "The Rise of the Idiots" from Nathan Barley ... actually it is.

Rip Off!

(Nice retro synths though)

Back