Pandora gets 256MB of RAM!

gp32x.de is down right now...

For those looking for info.

Some credit cards need to be refunded and will need to have pre-orders placed again. How many CC cards this affects is unknown.

New Ram is 256 MB and NAND jumped to 512MB

The Red PCBs we've seen populated with ICs is assumed to be the model ALL of us are getting with 256MB in the SoC.

The only thing that is causing the delay right now is LCD screens which they have 640 of ATM.

This is all I got a chance to read before GP32x decided to take a shit.

Please correct me if I am wrong about any of this

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't understand right now, i have to rebuy the pandora when refund or for the same price i have paid i have 256MB?

My credit card have been used the next day of my preorder and i have a 213.99 GBP less on my bank acount :/

I just wanna know if this'll be enough to run an instant messenger, music player, and web browser or emulator at once
because that'll be enough for meee!!

this thing just keeps getting better and better..

Double the RAM eh, sweetness. Not only does this make certain emulators seem even more possible it also should make multitasking on the pandora easier.

bronek said:
Yod4z said:
I don't understand right now, i have to rebuy the pandora when refund or for the same price i have paid i have 256MB?

My credit card have been used the next day of my preorder and i have a 213.99 GBP less on my bank acount :/

see explanation here http://www.gp32x.de/board/index.php?showtopic=45019&st=149 .

that really doesn't answer anything..

i ordered via a debit card, i would hate to find the money refunded and have someone take my spot in line.. :(

Last edited by a moderator:
Damn, didn't expect to read this :eek:. Looks like dreams does come true after all :D

This definitely made my day.. or week.. maybe even month, hehe..

Thank you pandora team!

Sphinxter said:
Buy that 3ghz quad core monster some ram for christ sake.

QFT. I multitask like its my job on my shitty 1.8ghz core duo laptop. I have 2 gigs of ram and I listen to music in winamp while using pidgin, with firefox with at least 5 tabs open, minimized, while I play genesis games in an emulator and have utorrent downloading and seeding.

Sounds like you need to do some tweaking.

Lazarpandar said:
I just wanna know if this'll be enough to run an instant messenger, music player, and web browser or emulator at once because that'll be enough for meee!!
Sure. With a Nokia tablet 128MB RAM and no swap enabled, running maemo, I at this moment run 2 browser windows, email program, rss reader, lots of home window applets (weather, clock, gtalk contacts status), duke nukem 3d, and I could easily run more browser windows, the application manager, last.fm player etc. etc.
256MB will just give you a lot of headroom, which is great for those special cases where performance or room is needed.

eksasol said:
I have a 3ghz capable quadcore computer, but I cannot multitask that many things at once. I can only browse the web and play music, or use the emulator, but I can't use the emulator and browse the web at the sametime. Just talking bs, sorry.

how about ditching vista then? :p

hch said:
eksasol said:
I have a 3ghz capable quadcore computer, but I cannot multitask that many things at once. I can only browse the web and play music, or use the emulator, but I can't use the emulator and browse the web at the sametime. Just talking bs, sorry.

You've just successfully sarcastically replied to a comment I made that I guess you didn't know was a joke. Sorry I didn't make myself clear, I was talking about the human element, not of machine capacity. I don't have three arms and three eyes to play a game and scroll a webpage on a secondary screen and type to my friend on chat all simultaneously which the task also required two mouse pointers acting individually on the screens. Sorry, this was initially meant to be a little joke I made regarding this quote which I previously quoted: "to run an instant messenger, music player, and web browser or emulator at once".

eksasol said:
hch said:
eksasol said:

You've just successfully sarcastically replied to a comment I made that I guess you didn't know was a joke. Sorry I didn't make myself clear, I was talking about the human element, not of machine capacity. I don't have three arms and three eyes to play a game and scroll a webpage on a secondary screen and type to my friend on chat all simultaneously which the task also required two mouse pointers acting individually on the screens. Sorry, this was initially meant to be a little joke I made regarding this quote which I previously quoted: "to run an instant messenger, music player, and web browser or emulator at once".

Is it so silly if we have a guide open in the browser to help us with a game? I know I'm capable of pausing a game or getting to a safe spot and glancing at the browser window I still have open. Some of us really can multi-task. Just because you cant type in all 3 programs at once doesn't mean we don't have an interest in keeping all these programs loaded and operational at once.

so does anyone have a list of which types of credit cards will be effected(for example master card or visa) and if debit cards are effected at all?

Truekaiser said:
so does anyone have a list of which types of credit cards will be effected(for example master card or visa) and if debit cards are effected at all?

Craig:
Moving to a new bank is essential now the project is bigger and we need a bank which can let us grow and manage us in a professional way, the current bank is unwilling to do this. It could be effects of the banking crisis on them, I just don't know, but we will write more about it once it's done.

Thanks for all being so understanding about it, and we will handle it in a neat and tidy way, keeping you in your original order - and the 256MB will pay for itself in the coming months I'm sure! We can really go head to head with some of these bigger x86 machines now. Fun times!

gerd said:
Truekaiser said:

Craig:
Moving to a new bank is essential now the project is bigger and we need a bank which can let us grow and manage us in a professional way, the current bank is unwilling to do this. It could be effects of the banking crisis on them, I just don't know, but we will write more about it once it's done.

Thanks for all being so understanding about it, and we will handle it in a neat and tidy way, keeping you in your original order - and the 256MB will pay for itself in the coming months I'm sure! We can really go head to head with some of these bigger x86 machines now. Fun times!

let me repeat. is there a list of credit card brands that will be effected and will debt cards be? the quote you posted only said one barely even relavent word on the topic. yes i know moving to the new bank was needed. what i need to know is if, i as a visa debit card holder will be effected and will i, as said card holder will have to go to the bank and tell them to allow a large deposit from a source that has not deposited in my account before.

Back