Pandora Froze, Cant Even Shut It Down

Harakiri23

Still Fresh
I just received my pandora, tested a few apps, then removed the SD, put on some more data and put the SD in again - not only didnt the SD content show, the pandora wouldnt respond anymore, i can move the cursor still, but i cant execute any action

pressing the pandora button does nothing, closing the lid does nothing, pressing the switch (power off) in the lower left does nothing (im not charging it and its not connected to anything)

so, its fully frozen, do i now have to wait till the battery runs out?

Have you tried holding down the Pandora button, and sliding the power switch as if switching the machine on? This should cause a reboot.

well, the battery run out.... hopefully it will not repeat

Last edited by a moderator:
Of course it will happen again. It's a developer's device running beta software. I have to reset mine every time I try the PSX emulators because not all games are compatible. You should make sure you know how to properly operate the Pandora because letting the battery drop so low the final protection circuit in the battery pack kicks in is just a terrible thing to do. It will shorten the life of the cell over time if repeated.

I have to reset mine every time I try the PSX emulators because not all games are compatible.

Hm, usually PCSX-ReARMed should only crash like that when you're overclocking a bit. Maybe you used an older version?

Anyways: Haven't seen this issue with the SD Card. It might happen if the filesystem has some errors though.

Did you check the card?

You should make sure you know how to properly operate the Pandora because letting the battery drop so low the final protection circuit in the battery pack kicks in is just a terrible thing to do. It will shorten the life of the cell over time if repeated.

i dont understand what you are trying to tell me, the battery of the pandora was at 15% - im not allowed to do anything when its at 15% ?

let me repeat my issue for you: i put in the SD card and the pandora froze, battery at 15% - i couldnt turn it off, i had to wait till the battery ran out (or next time i just take the battery out if i find out that its a safe thing todo)

You should make sure you know how to properly operate the Pandora because letting the battery drop so low the final protection circuit in the battery pack kicks in is just a terrible thing to do. It will shorten the life of the cell over time if repeated.

i dont understand what you are trying to tell me, the battery of the pandora was at 15% - im not allowed to do anything when its at 15% ?

let me repeat my issue for you: i put in the SD card and the pandora froze, battery at 15% - i couldnt turn it off, i had to wait till the battery ran out (or next time i just take the battery out if i find out that its a safe thing todo)

The battery state and automatic shutdown is controlled by the software, so if the unit crashes and you let the battery run out, it's dropping lower as it should be.

Why didn't you simply reset the unit with PANDORA-Button + Powerslider?

It's explained in the manual. I've never seen THAT not working.

i did not know about it, and havent found this in the tiny manual supplied with the package, sorry

i did not know about it, and havent found this in the tiny manual supplied with the package, sorry

No problem, as long as you know it now... much more convenient than removing the battery :D

Back