Pandora Competitors

$87 for the Gemei? That seems pretty low. How can they sell it with built in gameboy emulation?

I can't wait to learn more about this Blackfin GBA emulator all the Chinese PMPs are using now >_>

I read about the Gemei just before I came here. Does anyone know where to buy such a thing?

Orkie has been working hard to make libaries to allow homebrew on Blackfin devices. Though I think he's having a tough time trying to get some necessary info from the manufactures.

waffles said:
i went to alibaba, and look what i found
http://www.alibaba.com/sellinglead-gs/2057.../showimage.html?
it can emulate the 360 and ps3!
i think that pretty much pwns everything :p

i dont see anywhere claiming it emulates 360 and PS3.

nothing is going to emulate 360 and PS3 for another 10 years.

for however powerfull the 360/PS3 is, you will need like 4x the processing power, memory, and graphics rendering in order to emulate it on another system.

the 360 has a triple-core CPU, each core is 3.2ghz. capable of 115 gigaflops
by comparison, the AMD64 Opteron Dual Core 2600 MHz is 5.2 gigaflops

Last edited by a moderator:
impreziv said:
waffles said:
i went to alibaba, and look what i found
http://www.alibaba.com/sellinglead-gs/2057.../showimage.html?
it can emulate the 360 and ps3!
i think that pretty much pwns everything :p

for however powerfull the 360/PS3 is, you will need like 4x the processing power, memory, and graphics rendering in order to emulate it on another system.

I am pretty sure that waffles was making a joke. Cause if he wasn't, how would he have managed to even register to this forum? People who believe that you can emulate the 360 and ps3 generally fail at life or are very much younger then 12.

impreziv said:

:D

Exophase said:
I can't wait to learn more about this Blackfin GBA emulator all the Chinese PMPs are using now >_>
So... someone made a port of gpSP to Blackfin devices and now Chinese companies are selling their PMPs with the emulator pre-installed for profit?

Just a wild guess... :(

MagicPants said:
Seems like someone is making a new handheld every week. I like the Pandora but it's fun to see what else people are making.
Especially how fast they throw all these Devices out, compared to the Pandora. :D (Of course we don't know when theystarted with the Development)

fusion_power said:
Especially how fast they throw all these Devices out, compared to the Pandora. :D (Of course we don't know when theystarted with the Development)
For the Blackfin PMPs at least, there seems to be a single company producing the PCBs. You just buy them and add a case with screen.

blarg, the link is off a little, not sure why.
click "back to product page", it has this and a couple other games in its description.
games list :

>>Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon: Advanced Warfighter 2

>>Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Vegas

>>Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell: Double Agent

>>Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon: Advanced Warfighter 2

>>Fatal Inertia

>>Genji: Days Of The Blade

>>TMNT (Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles)

>>Enchanted Arms

DO WANT.

I am starting to think these MP4 players don't exist. I have tried to order two now and both time I never got my MP4. These blackfin devices are my unicorn.

Exophase said:
Unless there's been an update since the one included in my JXD-301 firmware, it's basically a shit port of VBA, and I'm sure you know what that's like.

Back