Gemei X760+ Neog Geo/gba/cps1 And More Emu

thatMP4guy

Still Fresh
Gemei has come out with their X760+, its is an updated version of their X760 which used the ADI Blackfin BF532 chipset, like the JXD 301. The player design is pretty much the same, SD expansion slot, dual loud speakers, 3.0" screen, but this version also has TV out, so you can output the games onto your TV and the player turns into a gamepad controller.

You can watch my video review here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=55RtrR22YOc
More pictures and specs here

The player is more designed for gaming, it does have the following gaming emulation:

Gameboy Advanced
Gameboy Color
Gameboy Classic

You will possible need to download from Gemeis site addons for the following emulation (i am not 100% sure they are already coming on newly produced units):

Neo Geo emulation
CPS1 Emulation (old capcom arcade games)

Also it has 1 built in 3D car racing game, there is also another game available to download from Gemei, but its like Silent Hill but its all in Chinese. There is apparently one game in the works too.

The user interface is somewhat nicer on this than that of other ingenic based players, there is also the option to search for songs. The player also has a SD expandable memory slot and technically it can support 32GB of SD memory, but i can only confirm 8GB SDHC card, i have not tried a 16GB card and 32GB cards aren't readily available. One other good side to SD card sis that they tend to be cheaper than micro and mini sd cards.

The player uses the Ingenic JZ4740 400mHz chip, there has been some homebrew stuff coming out of China for other MP4 players that are using this chipset, Gemei is the first one to actually implement game emulation with this chip.

Those of you who are wondering why Chinese player using the ADI chipset suddenly stopped being produced, like the JXD 301, it was because of the release of this Chip back in Jan, manufacturers adopted this chip over the ADI due to it being cheaper. Now that Ingenic has released gaming emulation for the chip, expect to see a lot of Chinese MP4 players coming out in the next few months with similar gaming support.

Last edited by a moderator:
cherrycyanide said:
Orkie said:
Not Blackfin, boring :(.
They copied the PSP firmware. I thought it was going to be cool when I saw the emulators. I'll stick with my SmartQ T5 II. :D

The T5-II is a better performing player

There is some development for this chip, the guys over at Rockbox are trying to port Rockbox onto players using this chip

If these shit players were about $60 cheaper, they'd make awesome gifts for people. $109 is really quite steep when you can get a REAL gaming system for just a few bucks more.

CronoTriggerfan said:
If these shit players were about $60 cheaper, they'd make awesome gifts for people. $109 is really quite steep when you can get a REAL gaming system for just a few bucks more.
^ I think this guy should be banned for perpetual whining.

Dealextreme sells some 40$ handhelds that can play NES and genesis games, both the "cool boys" and normal SD card loaders.

Orkie said:
CronoTriggerfan said:
^ I think this guy should be banned for perpetual whining.
Erm...
Orkie said:
Not Blackfin, boring :(.
Pot calling the kettle black, perhaps? :rolleyes: It's a valid complaint, get over it.

Not really, I was just expressing disappointment at the PMP makers moving away from BF. You on the other hand march into every thread about anything other than Pandora and whine about how crappy it is and how they should sell it for for less than it costs to make.

Orkie said:
Not really, I was just expressing disappointment at the PMP makers moving away from BF. You on the other hand march into every thread about anything other than Pandora and whine about how crappy it is and how they should sell it for for less than it costs to make.
And I was expressing my disappointment at the PMP makers for overpricing their product. Besides, do you have any idea how much manufacturing on this shit takes, anyways? Huh? Again, it's an opinion, quit being a little bitch about it.

CronoTriggerfan said:
And I was expressing my disappointment at the PMP makers for overpricing their product. Besides, do you have any idea how much manufacturing on this shit takes, anyways? Huh? Again, it's an opinion, quit being a little bitch about it.
You're skirting precariously close to personal insults here. If you can't disagree with someone without being uncivil, then keep your disagreements to yourself.

CronoTriggerfan said:
Please, tell me how you plan on buying a DS for 109$ dollars with a flashcard.
This thing can run Neogeo (zomg metal slug) and GBA right now, along with a 3.0 inch screen and tv out, which is pretty nice for the price. Fills a nice gap in between the DS and GBA.

waffles said:
CronoTriggerfan said:
Please, tell me how you plan on buying a DS for 109$ dollars with a flashcard.
This thing can run Neogeo (zomg metal slug) and GBA right now, along with a 3.0 inch screen and tv out, which is pretty nice for the price. Fills a nice gap in between the DS and GBA.

Not $109, try $80. :p Even so, you could get a PSP for $100 on eBay. And Chip, it takes two to tango, Orkie's demeanor was just as insulting as my rebuttal. Besides, the complaint is 100% viable, especially when the point I brought up is something that many people over at the MP4Nation forums bring up.

cherrycyanide said:
They just added CPS2 emulation to this player.
Thats newer arcade games, right?
how far up does that go?

Back