Release Pandora-Cap32 V1.1.0

zx-81

Certified Guru
Website
zx81.zx81.free.fr
pandora-cap32-v110.jpg

Hi All,

Caprice32 is one of the best emulator of the Amstrad CPC home computer series running on Windows and Unix,
written by Ulrich Doewich. This emulator faithfully imitates the CPC464, CPC664, and CPC6128 models
(see http://sourceforge.net/projects/caprice32)

Here is a port on Pandora of the version i've previously ported to Gp2x-Wiz.

What's new compared to original Caprice32 project :

- Cheat support !
- Memory monitoring engine to find your own cheat code !
- Text editor to modify the global cheat.txt file
- Text editor to write your own comments on games
- Display first comment line while browsing game files
- CPC Disk explorer
- Auto disk startup support
- Save state in gzip format
- Screen size / Fit mode optimized for Pandora
- Pandora Keyboard support
- Save directories for snap and disk image on exit
- etc, etc ...

How to use it ? Everything is in the README file.

This package is under GPL Copyright, read COPYING file for
more information about it.

Source and binary package may be found on my blog :
http://zx81.zx81.free.fr/

Enjoy,

Zx.

Great stuff, thanks very much! The CPC is the most nostalgic machine for me, so it's been great to have it on the Pandora. I've been playing it a lot already since the release on the MSX thread yesterday. Only problem so far is that the sound seems to crackle a little. That's most noticeable on music, but is not awful.

Thanks again!

barnesy said:
Great stuff, thanks very much! The CPC is the most nostalgic machine for me, so it's been great to have it on the Pandora. I've been playing it a lot already since the release on the MSX thread yesterday. Only problem so far is that the sound seems to crackle a little. That's most noticeable on music, but is not awful.

Thanks again!

i've fixed many bugs since last alpha version. i will have a look on this sound issue. Do you launch this emu from the Minimenu or from xfce (emus are not running so fast on xfce and may be there are sound buffer overflow)

Last edited by a moderator:
zx-81 said:
barnesy said:

Thanks again!

i've fixed many bugs since last alpha version. i will have a look on this sound issue. Do you launch this emu from the Minimenu or from xfce (emus are not running so fast on xfce and may be there are sound buffer overflow)

Ah yes, I should have mentioned that I'd been running it under XFCE at the default clock speed. I've just tried it under Minimenu with and without background killer. It starts out sounding near perfect, but after about 20 seconds it starts to break up a little. That was the same on Exolon's theme tune and on Knight Tyme. But it's not really damaging my enjoyment!

Last edited by a moderator:
Back