Pandora Box 3D

TeDaDeS

Very Active Member
Website
Visit site
It appears there is a console available named Pandora Box 3D; similarly named but not affiliated with the Open-Pandora.
Bigger but still 'portable' as you can use it on batteries.
Hopefully this isn't associated with the Open-Pandora as they could sound similar (portable game system that can emulate games).

It's delivered with a bunch of games and I assume they didn't license those, so not legal for purchase in most countries.

pandora_box_3d.jpg

Some video about this device:

Reactions: ___

___

Advanced Member
going by the name and the interface this is more affiliated with the arcade "collection" boards that you can buy from china. They have been around for a while and come with multiple bootlegs/roms onboard, usually as a NeoGeoMVS cart style Jamma all in one system or more bulky setups with HDD and an actual X86. They are known to be quite buggy but there are a few exceptions and arcade cab owners have been importing these for a quick setup covering major arcade games without having to collect/maintain original hardware.

I wouldn't buy one of those all in one packages, but this one actually looks interesting. I sure would like to hear from someone who owns one and can give a more details on the build quality, but the controls seem nice for arcade gaming. I wonder how it handles with street fighter games though, those can be really tricky with shitty encoders or bad sticks (though you could easily swap in a stick of your choice by the looks of it) and emulation.

TeDaDeS

Very Active Member
Website
Visit site
In the video the specs are mentioned:
Amlogic S812-B 4-core ARM with 8-core MALI GPU
2GB LPDDR3
Android (non-standard)
2 USB-ports (for drives and accepts game controllers like xbox)
720p screen (10 inch)
HDMI port (also 720p) and VGA-port
SD-card reader (internal)
Audio-jack with volume-wheel

Last edited:

levi

Still fresh, damnit!
Yeah, the video says as much; it does accept some form of SD cards and it's a 4-core ARM running a locked down Android. 720p either on the inbuilt screen or 720p HDMI output, which looks to be a bit of a fuzzy stretch for PSP, but older consoles were a bit fuzzy from the start anyway.

Only thing it misses out is how much this costs. Anyone know what the current ebay buy-it-now rates are?

Edit: Yeah, you edited your comment while I was replying. Never mind, context is a bit out of whack, but we're all agreed on the specs so whatever, man.

___

Advanced Member
wow android? really? just completely lost interest in this thing...

so basically, stolen games and a whole bunch of ripped off open-source code. and to top it off, closed down android.

God those pirates are lazy... so they basically buy this: https://www.geniatech.com/product/atv387/
in bulk and slap it into their own case... I bet there isn't a whole lot they do software wise.

EDIT:
Here is a project by a french design artist that builds arcade projects on a regular basis:
https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:3071846

project page:
http://game-makers.xyz/_ArcadeMaker/ArcadeMaker_Article010.html

It's not stolen, but open-design. It works with a pi or any other board you want to cram in there, it will run games that you own or you can decide to turn it into a pirate box, but at least noone makes lazy money off of other peoples contributions/work then. And you don't need to replace cheap knock-off controls with decent SANWA controls, you can buy the correct ones right away!

Also: StarWars! And yes, I will print this case, already on my to-do list.

Last edited: