Pandora boots into tty1 how to proceed?

I think there was a Way to flash your Pandora from the Second Slot..
..did you tried that to insert the SD into the Second SD Slot and while Booting you should have the Option
- Boot from SD 2:1

..when the Card is bootable and you hold the R Button while poweron.

Or is your Pandora now realy dead flashed and no Picture is on the Screen more?

Didnt know you could boot from SD2, I will try that definetly
Post automatically merged:

Thats realy unfortunaly :(

My Ideas are out now.

Maybe a Way is to solder the defective String of SD Card Slot with a Short Cable onto Card itself.

I think it's only the outer casing that is not connected anymore so probably a ground or something. Howerver it is hard to see where it should be connected.

May help if the keyboard is off:

I'm not sure that the boot from SD 2:1 works, I've just tried that and it doesn't.
Do you have any link about how to achieve that @ingoreis ? Maybe it's about modifying the autoboot.txt ?

Unless you had a nasty short-circuit, there's still hope.

i can confirm that with Pictures:

Maybe you have an older U-Boot Bootloader on your Pandora.

Notaz definly added an Option to boot from SD 2:1 for flashing but i did not found the Right Thread.

That was simply with the normal extracted Flash Files on a 2GB Fat formated Card:

Holding R Button while poweron.

Boot from SD 2:1 and reflashing work fine:
photo_2020-11-25_12-37-15.jpg
photo_2020-11-25_12-36-07.jpg
photo_2020-11-25_12-36-16.jpg
photo_2020-11-25_12-37-19.jpg

Last edited:
How dare you accusing me not having an up-to-date bootloader ?!? :D
Ok thanks, we'll have to find that thread/post.
Anyway, that may change nothing for Bosbeetle if he doesn't have that updated bootloader...

Nice to see that the Golden Pandora is still kicking around :^)

Found it:

Since this Version you can Boot from SD 2:1 ;)

Notaz wrote:
  • u-boot: updated to a newer version
  • u-boot: enabled booting from the second (right) SD card slot; it's now also possible to reflash from it
  • u-boot: enabled booting directly from ext4 partitions
  • u-boot: added a keypad driver and an option to enter u-boot shell (urjaman)
  • u-boot: some compatibility changes for the kernel idle power saving stuff (CC unit might not show u-boot menu if you stay on the old u-boot version and require removing battery for 5 minutes to recover)

Mmm I have done it as it's in my files...
Also I can boot ext4 partitions and enter the uboot console.

I have too an older bootloader :eek:

Is it required a full reflash to update only the bootloader ?

I always used "Upgrade Pandora OS" to be up to date, but seems like that part was not touched...

Whoop I'm back :D

It turned out it wasnt the SD slot :eek: however the left leds that indicate SD read/write are gone. But once the OS was back both slots work. And Ive got my pandora back. Thanks so much. Still dont know what happened though. I guess I'll have a bit more time before the pyra appears :D

And again how awesome is the pnd system, no need to install all programs anew :D even has all my highscores and savegames :D

Is it required a full reflash to update only the bootloader ?
Probably not, but you'll have to mess with the .img, and dd the right ubifs partition.
Also read the notes from the 1.75 link:
  • If you are updating from v1.61 or lower, it is highly recommended to do a full reflash because many system libraries have been changed in 1.70 and some users reported failures updating from v1.61 or earlier. Updating from 1.70 should be completely safe.
  • Be sure to backup any important data you might have in your NAND for the above reasons.
  • User-Modified configs will not be overwritten with the new version.

Back