Pandora Booting Android

foxblock

Asleep
New Video by Cpasjuste:

Video Description: "This is my first attempt to port android to the pandora, touch screen support in the work. "

A Pandora booting Google's Android, yay :D
Not much to see there actually, except that it boots fine and looks beautiful already :)

foxblock out

Last edited by a moderator:
discosmilie.gif

Fuck Android, yay hype!

Edit:
A question to the experts:
Would it eventually be possible to hack the browser out of the Android source code and make it run on Pandora under default Angström?

WOW, that's awesome news! Android is very popular in many circles, and I actually own a G1 myself, so this can only bring more users into the Pandora's box! Which is good for everybody involved! Thanks for the video, and the hard work involved!

Chris

Very interesting!

I love my G1 and I am also using Android on my SmartQ7. Would be great to have it running on my Pandora as well and I hope it will be compatible with most software. There are some great games already for Android and I am sure a lot more is on its way.. see here

I really wanted to hate Android, but they've done multitasking on a small device right, and the web browser feels great and has awesome font rendering for being on a tiny screen.

I haven't yet tried Android, but I saw an interesting vid from Naw of 50 Android games that look pretty good, so I'm pretty glad about this. Keep at it!

In the long run tt would be great to have a official or semi-offical adroid OS for the Pandora. With all the hardware (the touchscreen, wifi, bluetooth...) working properly.

Great news! One question: what is that moaning sound in the background?

Aww, I wanted to post that 50 android games video.
The first time I saw it on kotaku I immediately thought, I wish the Pandora could run Android

This is fantastic news - there is a whole lot of games and non games apps available for Android including some that I am very keen on (Evernote for example). Thanks for all the hard work in putting this together.

On a side note, how well will typical Android controls map to the Pandora. I believe that Android (currently) uses single touch as opposed to the Iphone multitouch system so that should be OK, but they also typically have an accelerometer to allow for controls by tilting the screen which we don't have. Will this be mappable to the Pandora analogue controller.

Could USB accelerometers be purchased - I have never seen such a device?

foxblock said:
New Video by Cpasjuste:

Video Description: "This is my first attempt to port android to the pandora, touch screen support in the work. "

A Pandora booting Google's Android, yay :D
Not much to see there actually, except that it boots fine and looks beautiful already :)

foxblock out

Awesome! Thank you~

Also, in regards to the 50 Android games vid, imo, only half of those game are any good.

mali said:
Vitel said:
I'd _pay_ for maemo!

No chance of getting "Maemo" branded Maemo (due to Nokia owning the name and probably some non-FOSS bits) but there's not real reason why Mer shouldn't run.
http://wiki.maemo.org/Mer

[edit] it already runs on the Beagleboard so getting it on Pandora would probably be fairly straightforward.

Back