Pandroid - Android On Pandora

Well, I don`t know much about the Linux structures, but I'm really interested in running the Android Apps in the Pandora...
In fact, the decisive factor for my decision on purchasing it or not is this possible feature of the Pandora...

I don`t care if Pandora runs the full Android SO or not, I am interested in running the apps... And I guess everyone would appreciate it, since the Android Market is starting to get full of cool apps - some for free, some not - but definitively a lot of cool and useful stuff.

Anyway, I just wanted to know if it is REALLY possible and maybe some predictions about difficulty/time to implement this feature in the Pandora...

Thanks for your patience
(And sorry for my bad bad english... I`m brazilian)

When I saw the odroid... i very much lol'd but asthetics aside.... the os does have it's benifits as a gaming/mid os as well as a phone os
http://phandroid.com/2009/09/15/odroid-on-video-hdmi-out-looks-sick/

TheRain said:
Hey Valhalla- quick question-

When you're talking about Android being very much custom aside from linux kernel... It would surprise me if at least posix, C standard libraries and STL for CPP would not be very close to pure Linux variants. Do you think that is not the case?

I mean, I wouldn't expect to be able to compile against QT, X libs or SDL for instance... but surely the most basic standard libs are similar?

The C standard library is similar in that it is an implementation of the C standard library, but it is based on the code of the BSD libc, not on the glibc, nor any glibc derivative. As for POSIX compliance I wouldn't expect it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back