Pandora Audio Problem

RRGreen

Still Fresh
Hello, I've had my pandora for a while now, but recently having tried using headphones with it I've noticed I only get sound out of the left hand side of my headphones. I know it's not a problem with the headphones as I've tried many pairs, fiddling with settings etc. Am I missing the obvious here?

are your headphones sold by apple, or have the microphone included in them?

are you sure youre putting the plug in all the way?

these may be dumb questions to ask, but youd be surprised

Maybe take your Pandora apart, and see if the connector is still properly soldered to the board?

yea i had a few i had to give a little extra push in, they were fatties. got these sweet tiny usb speakers at a local electronics store for 10 bucks 226198882.jpg

have 2 sets and have great sound fills up my apt.

If they are made by apple ( w/ built in mic ) or have apple's compatible pin wiring for a built in mic in the headset itself, they are incorrectly wired to work with the pandora as well as many android smartphones. You'll need another pair unfortunately. If they are just a headset made by apple they should be fine however. If you're brave, trying to open the unit to check for and fix a loose / bad solder joint may be the fix you need. If thats not for you RMA it. Evildragon / Craig will cover it usually free of charge, minus shipping costs one way.

Send mail here if you ordered from ED: Shop@gp2x.de

Send mail here if you ordered from Craig: Openpandorasales@gmail.com

Last edited by a moderator:
we mentioned apple, its a love or hate relationship with them, you either had 5+ pairs of apple headphones, or you have a quality set of headphones

I had this, its the dial. try fiddling with it and turning it a bit to see if you get both ears.

Put some Contact Cleaner on it :)

I had this, its the dial. try fiddling with it and turning it a bit to see if you get both ears.

Put some Contact Cleaner on it :)

My original unit does this where both channels will cut out and burst with static when adjusted. Have tried contact cleaner to no avail. However in my case the unit also has an issue with the volume wheel being forced against the case. It clicks against the lower half. I assume this has ruined the wheel itself over time and use. I have asked about a new volume wheel before and received no answer to how to go about getting a new one. =/

Having tried it with multiple non-apple headphones etc, I think i'm going to take it apart and perhaps fix it myself. Does anyone know if this will invalidate the warranty etc if I make a mess of it?

I'm guessing that making a mess of it will invalidate any warranty, but doing it right won't.

ED posted that he will put more stuff in his shop, ask him for headphone jacks!

can I order a right shoulderbutton along with some other stuff from your www.dragonbox.de page?

The button is broken, I think I can solder a new one on my own [...]
Sure. I plan to add more stuff into the shop, I'll add shoulderbuttons as well soon.

Hey RRGreen did you fix this issue? I'm having a similar thing where I get static when I adjust the volume and sometimes the right channel will cut off so I need to fiddle with it. It's been getting worse recently and I'm worried I'll have to RMA my Pandora again to get it fixed :(

Using contact cleaner on the volume wheel worked on every Pandora I received with static noise so far

Alright thanks, I'll see if I can pick some up. Do you just open the case and rub a little where the volume wheel joins the circuit board? I'm not hugely knowledgeable with electronics but I'm glad it sounds like an easy fix :D

Last time I talked to RRGreen, he said it was still broken and was waiting to be sent in for repairs.

Alright thanks, I'll see if I can pick some up. Do you just open the case and rub a little where the volume wheel joins the circuit board? I'm not hugely knowledgeable with electronics but I'm glad it sounds like an easy fix :D
I suggest you open it up, unless you clean your case right away after.

Last time I talked to RRGreen, he said it was still broken and was waiting to be sent in for repairs.

Hmmm well I'll buy some contact cleaner and if it doesn't work and the problem gets worse I'll have to send it back, but it's worth trying the contact cleaner first before bothering ED with an RMA.

I was just wonder where exactly I should apply contact cleaner? I'm a little nervous opening electronics so I don't want to damage it.

Back