Pandora as an USB soundcard

vinipsmaker

Website
vinipsmaker.github.io
There is the mastercontrol app, which allows the Pandora to work as an USB controller.

Pandora soundcard is amazing and I hate to use any other computer soundcard since I got addicted to the Pandora one. Pandora doesn't use PulseAudio, which makes network transparent sound a little more difficult, but even if it did used PulseAudio, I wouldn't like to use the unpredictable network performance to the sound I hear.

So, is it theoretically possible to make an app that transform the Pandora into an USB soundcard? If so, which Linux interfaces should I start researching to create such app?

Thanks for reading this post til here.

Yes it's possible, there is a kernel module for that, but unfortunately it's not stable from what I've heard. IIRC Neelix wanted to use that for something and reported problems, so maybe he'll chime in with some details as I've already forgot even what module it was..

Last edited by a moderator:
I was trying to use one of the gadget drivers (g_audio)  to do exactly what @vinipsmaker was suggesting.

I got as far as being able to play a sound from my netbook via the Pandora,  but there were frequent artifacts in the sound which  spoiled it for me, and I was never able to solve that issue. 

see http://boards.openpandora.org/topic/8719-gadget-audio-issues//URL]

I haven't tried it in some time though,  and there have been several kernel revisions on the Pandora since then.  Whether any of those revisions would have incorporated any upstream changes to g_audio I have no idea.  It might be worth giving it another shot.

- Neelix

Edit:  I also had issues with the Pandora freezing when I tried to unload the driver.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back