?pandora As An Ebook-Reader?

kukacster

Still Fresh
Website
Visit site
Hi,
I am wondering if there is someone who is using his/her pandora to read ebooks and eventually to take notes on xournal. Is it possible? Is it confortable?
Thanks.

Been using FBReader from the app store for organising and reading ebooks. Works really well and is quite customisable, you can store multiple books under each author and even keeps track of where you are for each book you are currently reading.

Very stable as well. If you keep the sceen back its actually like holding a book, so very comfortable, albit a small one :)

App store link

I use Evince to read manga PDFs everyday while in Sao Paulo traffic jams :)

I use Comix for reading Manga right now, while not quite as comfortable as it could be (I need to see if I can change the controls a bit) it works fairly well. I own a Kindle 2i so there is little comparison as the Pandora screen loses in so many ways. One notable for me is the peculiar glossy/rainbow effect that generally doesn't bug me but while reading much of anything it gets noticeable, clearly an artifact from the touchscreen.

I won't be taking notes on it with the programs I've come across. What I want would generally serve well for black/white sketches, loads quickly, and is easy to erase the current screen as well as requires the use of something like file to do more then just save the current notes into a file/set of files with the days date and numbers.

fbreader, Comix, Evince. What more does a bookwurm need?

@ Korlithiel: Comix has a few nice features: "f" goes to fullscreen mode, "r" rotates the screen by 90° increments (makes for rather viewable pages in portrait mode, if there´s not too much text -- and who reads that anyway?). Comix also has a magnifying glass option (if you really really want to read all that pompous dialogue).

I have yet to see a rainbow on my Panda. B)

A mobile phone or tablet will be much more comfortable.

I read some comics on the Pandora with Comix and it was okish.

Back