Pandora As A Little Hw Dev/diagnotic Tool

Zotty

Website
www.schijf.org
While most of us will likely be playing games on it, one other use I was thinking about is a small and portable hardware development/diagnostic tool. Things like a logic analyser, buspirate, scope, etc, all hooked up via USB. Currently I've got a buspirate waiting to meet the Pandora and a logic analyser is on it's way.

I'm curious if other people are playing with the same idea and if so what are your plans?

I have both and plan to use them just like you say, they are no replacements for bench tools like the Rigol 1052 I just got (or is it now a DS1102E ? :D ) but it may be very handy to have them teamed up with the Pandora.

One thing I'm now looking into is a little USB thing that can do both volt/amp at the same time (as low power as possible) that works with OSS software, Ideal for data logging (battery (dis)charge stuff or so).

Other , less related, usage might be to use it to program / adapt some of the RC TX's I have for RC Helicopters and so "on the go" (USB serial interface)... no big laptop anymore needed, just a little cute Pandora.

Yeap I was planning to hack the GPIO lines and maybe stick a decent ADC in it. I dunno exactly what my plans are yet but I will definitely need two decent rs232 ports.

DragonAX said:
Yeap I was planning to hack the GPIO lines and maybe stick a decent ADC in it. I dunno exactly what my plans are yet but I will definitely need two decent rs232 ports.

Don't try banging GPIO for this, use McBSP. It can function as SPI.

Last edited by a moderator:
Exophase said:
DragonAX said:

Don't try banging GPIO for this, use McBSP. It can function as SPI.

You mean for the ADC?

Last edited by a moderator:
Back