Pandora Alternative

MonkeyChops

NO! I don't play basketball
dorkp.jpg

You take a p3 desktop and cram it into a backpack fitted with fans. Then you mount a projector on a helmet and a solar panel to the back of the backpack. Finally you strap a car battery and inverter to your belt. With a wireless controller you have portable gaming at its best! Who would want a Pandora when you could have this?!?

EDIT: Link to John Doe's inspiring comments from the unofficial blog: http://openpandora.wordpress.com/2009/07/30/video-mame-i-wanna-live-forever/#comments

Jourdy288 said:
Better solution
Ben Heck is pretty cool...
ha! those things wouldn't last a week and then they'd be bricks to build your new home with after you move out!

ZING!

Last edited by a moderator:
The only flaw I can see is that I don't think a solar panel exists that could generate enough power. I suggest some kind of diesel generator system might work better.

WizardStan said:
The only flaw I can see is that I don't think a solar panel exists that could generate enough power. I suggest some kind of diesel generator system might work better.
If we go with that.

I have all these things.

brb, garage.

WizardStan said:

Your right! in fact, with the advent of transparent aluminum, Mr Fusion is the only way to go!

dorkfusion.jpg

You idiots, car batteries are made to dispense a huge amount of current over a short time. Using one to power a portable game console will wear it out quickly.

What you need is a deep-cycle SLA.

Nobody seems to notice the biggest flaw in the concept. If you are forced to wander around in the wild, which is a very common place to use handheld gaming devices, where to point your headmounted projector? Trees, rocks, or the occasional animal don't seem to do the trick.

portable_computer_nonsense.jpg

Utilizing the controller for mobile screen steering gives you a new dimension of immersion in the integration of virtual reality in your real life environment. Yay.

surely the screen should be on a segway, and controlled by some sort of motion tracking sensor to keep a fixed distance from the user and move with him. come on guys, this is the 21st century!

Hmm... something does not fit... I think the flaw is in the Windows key, I could accidentally press it while reaching for my coffee! Could you move it? Of course I hope changing the design won't cause any delays.

No no, you're all making huge design flaws. Think about it: What is the average consumer device missing that would make the user experience 537% better? Sitting.
realjdpgs.png

This device truly captures such pleasurable ideals.

It needs a motor so you can drive that thing everywhere, leaving a trail of turds that came out of that little trapdoor thing destruction.

Hell, why not just turn it into a full-fledged car/game console hybrid. I want to drive and game at the same time.

No, no, no, because it is meant to be a portable alternative. The Idea is to have a belt strap that lets your hands-free when needed:

2hxlhllenhanced.jpg

So you're done gaming, then watch some tv, or cook something... ready to move and for some reason feel like walking? Put everything in your belt and you're good to go! It's about choices.

You need a nice, big parasol too (the sun can make a screen hard to see). It also needs complementary roller-skate shoes, otherwise his feet are going to be dragging on the ground (not fun when cruising along at rocket speed)

2hxlhllsuperenhanced.png

Back