Pandora Abxy Buttons

doragasu

I received my unit past week and I've been doing some tests. I'm pretty impressed with it, but I think my unit has a small defect. It's the A button. B, X and Y buttons have a good feeling, and a good run when pressed. But A button is like if it's a bit stuck, with almost no run when pressed. Even pressing the case near the button, can make the Pandora recognize an A button press. This doesn't happen with the other buttons...

Is this normal? Should I return the unit?

Whilst it doesn't occur on all units, it is known of - there's been some discussion of it over on the official forum ( http://boards.openpandora.org/ ) of late (in fact, I believe that Moxie made a thread illustrating it today). What causes it is a bit of plastic left behind in the back of that button, which can cause anything from what you describe to a mere slight "mushiness".

Thanks, I browsed official forums and found a post describing how to fix it. I could try to fix it myself, but I'm afraid of voiding the warranty and/or breaking the unit in the process :(.

That's understandable. It isn't present on mine, and I wouldn't want to do that myself, either. It's best to get some guidance on it (I see that you've posted over on the other forum, now, so hopefully someone will step forward).

Actually, while we're on about buttons -

Craig said in another thread that to fix my Zero key, I needed to "add a bit more carbon" to the keymat. How would I go about this, exactly? I might as well fix my A button and Right shoulder button while I'm at it.

D.

I don't know what does it mean to "add carbon". Maybe (and this is just speculation) gently painting the rubber with the graphite of a pencil?

Talking about shoulder buttons, when I opened my console, I noticed the R button has added a bit of rubber, but L button doesn't have it. R button feels a bit better, but I have no complaint about how L button feels, so I think I'll leave it like it's right now, but I suppose L button should have the rubber too...

Back