Release Pandora-7800: Atari 7800 Emulator For Pandora V1.1.0

zx-81

Certified Guru
Website
zx81.zx81.free.fr
pandora-7800-v110.jpg

Hi All,

ProSystem is the best emulator of Atari 7800 game console, running on Windows system.
It has been written by Greg Stanton, see http://home.comcast.net/~gscottstanton for details.

Here is a port on Pandora of my Wiz port version.

Many new features have been added compared to original version.

A full working PND version and source code are available on my web site : http://zx81.zx81.free.fr/

Enjoy,

Zx.

If zx-81 made beer, it would probably be the best beer in the world :) Another great emulator m8 many thanks :) I love the devs in this place :)

Cool thanks for the port.

Do you think in the future that there could be a way to save ROM paths?

It takes quite a bit of searching to get to thr ROMs.

Thanks for the good work.

DaveC said:

That'a already the case for all my emu port. It saves the latest rom path you used in a file (global.cfg).
The first time you launch the emu, you just need to navigate using the rom-file-requester to the location you want, you load a rom.
When you exit the emu, this path is saved, and next time you launch the emu, it will open this folder instead of the "<appsdata>/<emuname>/rom directory.

Last edited by a moderator:
zx-81 said:
DaveC said:

That'a already the case for all my emu port. It saves the latest rom path you used in a file (global.cfg).
The first time you launch the emu, you just need to navigate using the rom-file-requester to the location you want, you load a rom.
When you exit the emu, this path is saved, and next time you launch the emu, it will open this folder instead of the "<appsdata>/<emuname>/rom directory.

Hm, doesn't work in mine :)

I think you might've fallen into the PND-Permission trap :D

If a file (like global.cfg) exists in the PND, it can't write to it anymore.
Either remove that file from there (only works if the emulator creates a default config on first run) or use a script to workaround with that.

i.e.

Code:
#!/bin/sh
if [ ! -e ./global.cfg ]
  cp ./defglobal.cfg ./global.cfg
fi
./runemulatornow

This will check on run if global.cfg exists. If it doesn't, it copies over a defglobal.cfg which will then be created in the appdata-directory and will be writable.

Last edited:
EvilDragon said:
zx-81 said:
DaveC said:

If a file (like global.cfg) exists in the PND, it can't write to it anymore.
Either remove that file from there (only works if the emulator creates a default config on first run) or use a script to workaround with that.

i.e.

Code:
 #!/bin/sh
 if [ ! -e ./global.cfg ]
   cp ./defglobal.cfg ./global.cfg
 fi
 ./runemulatornow

This will check on run if global.cfg exists. If it doesn't, it copies over a defglobal.cfg which will then be created in the appdata-directory and will be writable.

cp --no-clobber also works

This is great. Thanks for the 2600 and 7800 ports. Never owned a 7800. but
I played one. My 2600 still works, so I will love the emulator for it. Thanks
again.....

EvilDragon said:

It works fine for me. You don't have to create a global.cfg file or to repack the PND ((or put it in the data folder in the PND).

You only need to launch the emulator once, then using the file requester you can navigate wherever you want on the pandora directories and choose a .zip or a rom file.
When you exit the emu, it will then create the global.cfg with proper owner/permission in the appdata/<a7800> folder.
Next time you launch the emu, it will search roms in the latest folder you choose previous time (saved in global.cfg file).

Aaaah, does it save when you EXIT?

I always use the Pandora button within minimenu which just kills the running app, so it won't save anything :p

Oh yeah never thought of exiting through the menu, I just use the Pandora button.

One thing I noticed is that the sound seems all messed up. It is garbled almost like it is frameskipping the audio.

It did that on the GP2X too but I just assumed it was a speed issue. Surly the Pandora is fast enough for clean audio isn't it?

Oh yeah the emu has no preview pic for minimenu and overriding it with a pic of my own doesn't work either. Any way to get emus to start using the standard preview pic spec?

Back