Pandora 2?

awoma

Still Fresh
Or at least pandora 1.5, could well be round the corner.
A new post over at the pandora boards details the current situation with regards to production, and includes the possibility of a different paint for the case, upgraded CPU, GPU and RAM.

Thoughts?

(I also accidentally sent this topic to be posted on the news forum before realising that's not really what the news forum is for.)

why does it always feel like people only post on here so they can talk behind OPTs back? youre welcome to join us over there for the discussion

DaMummy said:
why does it always feel like people only post on here so they can talk behind OPTs back? youre welcome to join us over there for the discussion

I've posted over there (though I don't have much to say). I was posting it here in case people only visit this forum and weren't yet aware of the announcement. Is that really such a bad thing? :huh:

Last edited by a moderator:
awoma said:
A new post over at the pandora boards details the current situation with regards to production, and includes the possibility of a different paint for the case, upgraded CPU, GPU and RAM.

Thoughts?

(I also accidentally sent this topic to be posted on the news forum before realising that's not really what the news forum is for.)

I'm not an owner but I don't see much of an issue. If it's getting hard to source older components and newer ones are available for the same price it's just common sense.

Read page 5. They still have to use all of the 3530 chips they ordered before any talk of a new CPU is real.

redlemon said:
awoma said:

Thoughts?

I'm not an owner but I don't see much of an issue. If it's getting hard to source older components and newer ones are available for the same price it's just common sense.
Hopefully they can keep the case and most of the board design intact to help get the OP cost down, but first I'd like to see them finally finish shipping batch #1 plus whatever other orders that they've taken since then.

Back