Pandora 2

Exophase said:
Pretty awesome, and it looks like anyone can buy it, in single quantity. OP should definitely purchase one. Even I may be tempted to put down for one later if nothing else comes out. $2000 isn't a small amount, but it's pretty well worth it, IMO.
The only real justification for buying this right now would be to test the OS on next-generation hardware, for example to make sure the bootloader works, make sure the SGX works, the Wifi drivers work, see how well the GPS works, test suspend/resume, etc.

Exophase said:
I'm concerned about craigix's comments that OMAP4 won't be a viable platform until at least 2012. Especially now that I know you can already purchase it.
Given how long it took to finish the first Pandora, I don't think it would be possible to ship an OMAP4-based Pandora before 2012.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ari64 said:
The only real justification for buying this right now would be to test the OS on next-generation hardware, for example to make sure the bootloader works, make sure the SGX works, the Wifi drivers work, see how well the GPS works, test suspend/resume, etc.

craigix claims software is going to be the bottleneck, so...

Exophase said:
Given how long it took to finish the first Pandora, I don't think it would be possible to ship an OMAP4-based Pandora before 2012.

Ahem, and they claim they're reusing the mechanical design for the OMAP4 Pandora. I'm starting to feel like a broken record.

The mechanical design and fabrication dominated the delays. The design wasn't complete until well into 2009 and the mould manufacturing and parts fabrication took what, over 6 months? So why do you think the amount of time the Pandora took would be indicative of how long an OMAP4 based one would take? Because I think if OP were aggressive enough they could ship one in 2011.

http://www.gp32x.de/board/index.php?/topic/52890-how-about-the-720mhz-omap-for-the-second-batch/page__view__findpost__p__838568

This is my opinion.

pandoura 2 should cost $150 so I can have it insted of gp2x dingo and it should have x86 so I can play motern warfare and some ea spourts games

edit: fixed spelloing

atomicthumbs said:
pandoura 2 should cost $150 so I can have it insted of gp2x dingo and it should have x86 so I can play motern warfare and some ea spourts games

edit: fixed spelloing

You can get an octo-quantum holographic MindFi implant now with better capabilities. Two years ago, the Pandora 2 would have been really pushing the limit... but they missed the boat. You'd think they'd have learned from the first time!

Why can't it be MindFi compatible? Can't they just pay the licence? Having to hook up an external module through the optronic port just seems so dated now. And I really don't think 2G Quantum can accurately host the current generation of Linux Neural Matrix modules. Every other device coming out now can support it! What, I'm supposed to go back to using dumb machines that can't think for themselves? Good luck getting an internet access code with that kind of setup. You think any ISP now will take a risk without some form of sentient protection?

And what's with the buttons? You don't need them anymore! Most people can't tell the difference with a good impulse feedback texture.

Two questions, will this proposed Pandora 2 be available within 2 months, and will it be able to emulate a Pandora 1 fullspeed? If so I'll order one since it might arrive before my Pandora does.

EDIT: I had an accidental but capital eff. I'm sure Sherlock Homos once exclaimed "That was a capital eff Watson"

azurege said:
Pandora 2 should be based on Cell technology, that way we can play PS3 games on it.

The octo-quantum unit in my implant can support electro-precise simulation. If you look around, you can find the right zones to pull this feed. If you do this, just make sure to mask your ID image with an unregistered one, or the ISP alliance may be able to trace your usage profile.

Some of the PS3 object patterns are pretty good, for example I've seen quite a few really nice case redesigns. One guy even made a ray-accurate replication of a Sony Bravia complete with logic-operational ports! That's the sort of dedication you get with this community!

Make sure you check out the alternate phantoms for the PS3 controller, for example the one with multiple aceeleration paths! It's not an electro-sim, but it's pretty close to the real thing IMO.

TitanUranus said:
Two questions, will this proposed Pandora 2 be available within 2 months, and will it be able to emulate a Pandora 1 fullspeed? If so I'll order one since it might arrive before my Pandora does.

EDIT: I had an accidental but capital eff. I'm sure Sherlock Homos once exclaimed "That was a capital eff Watson"

Yeah, but due to the low computational dimensionality, the Pandora 2 can only do a logical path-map of a Pandora 1 rather than a full-on electro-sim. The current one uses hosted binary folding I believe too, which helps with the performance. Perhaps with some sort of electron auto-scaling it could be possible? That's quite an undertaking though, and I don't see any developers jumping to work on such a thing. Casting a neural vector-state cluster at the issue may yeild some interesting results, but these days with farming costs as they are... I just don't think it's worth the cost, especially if they give a NULL verdict!

may88 said:
Will it run whine? :unsure:

Not since they outlawed Windows programs after the Perimeter incident. I think Bill Gates should be glad he's dead, he wouldn't have enjoyed seeing the the eventual aftermath.

You can try it, but just don't post about it on these boards or openly discuss it. And remember what happened last time okay? You're playing with fire.

Don't get yourself any unnecessary attention. These days they're looking for any excuse to brain-slave people.

atomicthumbs said:
pandeara 2 should emulat xbox

it'll easy

Do you want to go to jail or something?

I'm gonna have to pattern erase my entire userspike from this thread. You guys are gonna get me in trouble.

<_<

pandora 2 should be 3d, nano, multidisciplinary, 2.0, next gen, and all other buzz words

Btw I love to read all the developments in processors i thought an intel i7 was quite something but there is so much development going on nice to see arm is becomming more and more of a standard

The Pandora 2 is so powerful it creates a time vortex which causes it and the user to be trapped in the same 2 months at some random place in time. It has existed and never will because of this.

Bosbeetle said:
pandora 2 should be 3d, nano, multidisciplinary, 2.0, next gen, and all other buzz words

Btw I love to read all the developments in processors i thought an intel i7 was quite something but there is so much development going on nice to see arm is becomming more and more of a standard

That would be pretty rad, but probably a sales killer. Don't forget that the Smart Eight themselves declared buzzwords to be ineffective after the first crunch. True, the system is fragmented now and you only end up with partial thought-images from different demographics, but that doesn't make the original idea termination any less valid?

Aninhumer said:
may88 said:
Will it run whine? :unsure:
Yeah, but it's community supported...

If you call the Black Matrix a community, then sure. I don't think this community is the right place for your views, unless of course you have a politics certification? But even so, please take it elsewhere. These are good people and I wouldn't want to see them in get in any trouble.

Just accept that the evidence is inconclusive and leave it there okay? We've all heard the arguments a thousand times.

SomeGuy99 said:
If you call the Black Matrix a community, then sure. I don't think this community is the right place for your views, unless of course you have a politics certification? But even so, please take it elsewhere. These are good people and I wouldn't want to see them in get in any trouble.

Just accept that the evidence is inconclusive and leave it there okay? We've all heard the arguments a thousand times.
Just because you can't handle the truth!

Rynificate now, or face the DECISION!

Wait. What date is it? Sorry, i'm not to good at reading words anymore and the symbol interpreter is having problems with the numerals.

I think my segment entanglment is causing feedback. Crap! Serves me right from using a cheap on-board chrono-timer.

My ISP is gonna fine me so much for this. :(

Back