pandian - MARK3 - beta

Side note, I could always throw pandian on an SD card and boot it whenever I need it similar to a live distro (or am I missing something)?
yeah actually its the only way to run it as the Internal NAND is only 512MB, Debian and Slackware have a larger footprint than what can fit on that NAND. 

stackshadow, I would just like to say that Mark3 works perfectly on my pandora. Great setup. Thank you very very much for your hard work!

This is very nice. Very responsive. But I have the following issues/questions:

1 - How do I get bluetooth to work?

2 - Shutting down in fluxbox from the menu doesn't seem to work. It tried but then it hanged/crashed?

3 - Restart in fluxbox doesn't do anything.

This will be my main OS for work now. Please don't stop enhancing it for the Pandora! I like this tiny little machine a lot :)

2 - Shutting down in fluxbox from the menu doesn't seem to work. It tried but then it hanged/crashed?

This will be my main OS for work now. Please don't stop enhancing it for the Pandora! I like this tiny little machine a lot :)
Bluetooth... jeah.. bluetooth and gnu/linux.. i have no experience with that, even on my laptop and desktop machines i run gnu/linux, but i doesn't use bluetooth at all. My last try's are years ago and it was a bag of pain ^^°

Did you have additional hardware plugged in ? Normally the shutdown command is "systemctl poweroff" please try this command in an terminal.

Did the command just do nothing, or just "hang" at shutdown ?

For Additional information, please open an Terminal ( ALT+F1 ) and give the output of the following commands:

id

systemctl --version

The "restart" in the fluxbox-menu just restart the fluxbox itselfe, not the pandora ;)

My experience with debian is pretty focused with backtrack/kali linux. So forgive me if this is a stupid question, but am I correct thinking that without 3d acceleration any debian emulators will be shit?

I'am not testing any emulator yet. My pandora is mainly a working horse :D I use it to ssh to my servers, or just coding stuff. But with the missing SGX-Driver i think the emulator run like crap ^^°

SGX-Driver
Outside of Mupen64 and Reicast, most of the emulators use a software renderer, this includes Drastic and PCSX Rearmed. That doesn't mean there won't be other hindrances getting these emulators that are programmed specifically for Angstrom(Super Zaxxon), soft-float libraries and the PND system working on Pandian. 

Last edited by a moderator:

Bluetooth... jeah.. bluetooth and gnu/linux.. i have no experience with that, even on my laptop and desktop machines i run gnu/linux, but i doesn't use bluetooth at all. My last try's are years ago and it was a bag of pain ^^°

Did you have additional hardware plugged in ? Normally the shutdown command is "systemctl poweroff" please try this command in an terminal.

Did the command just do nothing, or just "hang" at shutdown ?

For Additional information, please open an Terminal ( ALT+F1 ) and give the output of the following commands:

id

systemctl --version

The "restart" in the fluxbox-menu just restart the fluxbox itselfe, not the pandora ;)
"systemctl poweroff" works properly but not "shutdown" from flux menu.

Here are the ouputs.  The first one is of id and systemctl --version, The second image shows the crash/pause (it just stays in this state)?

20150610_123327.jpg

20150610_134738.jpg

Also,  when using xfce, the keyboard is kind of messed up.  I followed your instruction here to fix the broken keyboard layout but couldn't find where the .xsessionrc file is.

Also, adding "add mod4 = XF86MenuKB" line to .pndXmodmap doesn't seem to do anything when pressing the Pandora button.

Thanks for this work stackshadow, I have used this for some days now and it works like a charm. It is stable and so nice to have all the debian packages.

* I manually the hostname to /etc/hosts to stop getting error messages for every sudo I did.

* After all 'apt-get install's, it complains that libpnd is not a symlink. it doesnt seem to cause any problems though.

EDIT: (/sbin/ldconfig.real: /usr/lib/libpnd.so.1 is not a symbolic link)

Is there a way to install Pandian Mark3 similar to Pandebian which can coexist with Super Zaxxon?  This way we can run both PNDs and armhf.

Does anyone know where the bluetooth driver reside in Super Zaxxon?  I want to try to copy that over to Pandian Mark3 to see if there's any luck getting bluetooth to work, but I don't know where it is in Zaxxon.  Any help is appreciated.  

Hello all,

having had some problems with a recent upgrade to the Pyra Debian system, I decided to try pandian again.  It's so easy to do with SD cards!

I've got the system running but I thought I'd summarise a few (mostly minor) issues with the distribution:

1. the initial log in to root didn't initialise the WiFi system so I could not connect to anything to upgrade etc.  The documentation on the wiki points to pdcmd but...
  2. ... pdcmd does not appear to be anywhere on the system.  This didn't cause me much difficulties as I had a copy in a second SD card that holds all of my /home system.
  3. the keyboard is configured as qwertz instead of qwerty.  I know how to reconfigure once I've logged in so not a major problem either.
  4. the sources.list.d/multistrap-debian.list refers to ftp.debian.org  which is unknown.
Other than that, the system is working very well.  I did a full dist-upgrade and installed all the tools I commonly use (ratpoison, emacs, vim, octave, maxima, texlive, git, mercurial, emms) and I have a fully working system. 

Thanks all and particularly stackshadow!

Does overclocking work properly?  CPU settings show the max I can go is 900MHz on my GHz Pandora?

It seems to work fine for me.  I have to do the following when I reboot:

echo 800 > /proc/pandora/cpu_mhz_max

as root and have to have the cpufreq tools installed (cpufreqd, cpufrequtils).  This is on a Pandora rebirth edition so 600 MHz nominally.  The "ondemand" cpu profile works really well:

Code:
sudo cpufreq-set -g ondemand

Just ran an update and WiFi and USBHost stop working... :(

Looks like the driver got deleted or something.  Anyone know how to fix this?

Thanks

Just ran an update and WiFi and USBHost stop working... :(

Looks like the driver got deleted or something.  Anyone know how to fix this?

Thanks
Something similar has just happened to me although I am very puzzled by the behaviour.

My WiFi has stopped working.  The output from dmesg indicates that the wl1251 firmware blob is not available. It would seem that I need to install the pandian-wl1251 package but, of course, without WiFi, this is tricky.

If I can find the .deb file, I can install it via USB but I cannot seem to find that file.  Can anybody point me to the right place?

The really puzzling aspect is that my WiFi was working this morning.  I then switched the WiFi off (unloaded the kernel module). When I tried to load the module again to re-enable WiFi, I get the complaint about the missing firmware.  The pandian-wl1251 package was never installed so I do not understand how WiFi ever worked...

Thanks.

Edit: Actually, I have just looked in /lib/firmware and the wl1251-fw.bin file is there.  I am even more confused now.  The actual output of dmesg is

Code:
wl1251_sdio mmc2:0001:1: firmware: requesting wl1251-fw.bin
wl1251_sdio mmc2:0001:1: firmware: failed to get "wl1251-fw.bin"

Further on this, one of the packages that I recently upgraded was udev and I wonder whether rules (in /lib/udev/rules.d/) have changed and/or disappeared?

Hello

well thats strange. I'am actually not at home but ive noted the prpblems and try to fix them next week.

The deb file can be downloaded here:

pandian.openpandora.org/debian/pool/testing/mark3/pandora-wl1251_01-1_armhf.deb

Also i actually clean up my dev-folder to upload the sources to github

Gesendet von meinem Xperia Z2 mit Tapatalk

What I ended up to get wifi working again is running "/etc/init.d/wl1251-init start" to start wifi and "/etc/init.d/wl1251-init stop" to stop wifi for now .  USBHost still no luck for me though.

thanks stackshadow for loooking into it.

Hello all,

having had some problems with a recent upgrade to the Pyra Debian system, I decided to try pandian again. It's so easy to do with SD cards!

I've got the system running but I thought I'd summarise a few (mostly minor) issues with the distribution:

• the initial log in to root didn't initialise the WiFi system so I could not connect to anything to upgrade etc. The documentation on the wiki points to pdcmd but...
  • ... pdcmd does not appear to be anywhere on the system. This didn't cause me much difficulties as I had a copy in a second SD card that holds all of my /home system.
  • the keyboard is configured as qwertz instead of qwerty. I know how to reconfigure once I've logged in so not a major problem either.
  • the sources.list.d/multistrap-debian.list refers to ftp.debian.org which is unknown.
Other than that, the system is working very well. I did a full dist-upgrade and installed all the tools I commonly use (ratpoison, emacs, vim, octave, maxima, texlive, git, mercurial, emms) and I have a fully working system.

Thanks all and particularly stackshadow!
the wiki is not for mark3 (beta). We dropped the pdcmd and switch to the official pandora scripts. Thats for wifi in /usr/pandora/scripts/op_wifi.sh

Gesendet von meinem Xperia Z2 mit Tapatalk

Back