Release PalmOS Emulator

pmprog

DNF (Did Not Finish)
Thanks to marovada for doing this port for me. I've packaged it, and created a Pandora skin that fits on the screen and uploaded to the repo.

http://repo.openpandora.org/?page=detail&app=palmosemulator.marovada

It's probably best to use ABMouse as you can't rightclick normally (unless nubs work, which I didn't try).

When you install PRC and PDB files using the menu, the dialogue box that pops up doesn't close until you click the screen, however, it will have installed, but before you can see it, you have to launch the "HotSync" app, then click back to the Home.

Enjoy

Last edited by a moderator:
Good job. I remember porting POSE to the Nokia N800/810 was quite a headache.

PXML has room for improvement though, like mentioning it only does 68k (maybe copy some text from wikipedia) and adding a source code link.

Also usage instructions could be posted on the repo too, we have so many things there without explanation how to use them..

PXML has room for improvement though, like mentioning it only does 68k (maybe copy some text from wikipedia) and adding a source code link.

Also usage instructions could be posted on the repo too, we have so many things there without explanation how to use them..
Fair comment. I'll look at improving that tomorrow

Added the extra detail to the description, and uploaded the source into my GitHub account (link is also in the PND)

I have access to roms for the palm OS but am not sure of the legal issues so before I upload and post links I wanted to ask....  Is it legal to post Palm OS roms?

Thanks!

I wouldn't on these forums, any mention of it honestly could cause trouble for EvilDragon.. so arrange it off the boards.

Thanks TrashyMG   I was thinking it might cause trouble, so I will see what I can do elsewhere.

It appears that most of my PalmOS devices run on ARM.  Their BIOS isn't going to do me any good even if I could back it up.

Tapwave Zodiac = 200 MHz Motorola i.MX1 ARM9 processor

Garmin iQue 3600 = Motorola DragonBall MXL ARM9

Palm TX = 12 MHz ARM-based Intel XScale PXA 270

Palm TE =  Texas Instruments OMAP (ARM) 126 MHz processor

Palm TW = Texas Instruments OMAP (ARM) 144 MHz processor

I may have gold - but it's old and pre-dates color screens.

TRG Pro = Motorola DragonBall-EZ MC68EZ328 operating at 16 MHz

So, much like using a Retrode on a game cartridge, which model(s) of Palm OS devices are ideal to buy on the 2nd hand market so that we can harvest the BIOS from them for use in this 68K emulator?

Sounds like you have PalmOS5 devices, these were just coming out when I stopped developing on the Palm. There is a Windows emulator for these devices, it's on one of my CDs at home; though I'm not sure if it was opensource like the other was.

Edit: I had a Handspring Visor Deluxe (I think). The Handspring Prism was a colour edition, which was pretty nice.

For Zodiac (at least), the SDK came with an simulator, not an emulator. To run stuff on the simulator you used a different build configuration (this build configuration built an x86 DLL).

Is it possible to get serial-communication working with an usb-serial-dongle?

Possibly. Go into the Preferences screen and you can set the serial port...

Sounds like you have PalmOS5 devices, these were just coming out when I stopped developing on the Palm. There is a Windows emulator for these devices, it's on one of my CDs at home; though I'm not sure if it was opensource like the other was.

Edit: I had a Handspring Visor Deluxe (I think). The Handspring Prism was a colour edition, which was pretty nice.
Hi what?? A Windows Emulator?For Palm?
Have you more Informations about that for us? ;)

Back