Painting/spraying Your Pandora Case

T

Trevsweb

theres loads of great videos for modding the plastic casing on xbox controllers. whats relievent about these videos...
  1. uses plastic.
  2. gripped in the hands (durability)
  3. beginner to advanced levels of design and tips
http://www.youtube.c...er/MyCustomXbox is the whole youtbue channel
i will be populating this post with the appropreate videos and incourage you to find similar tips and videos for others to use

the main issues with the pandora
  1. voids warrenty
  2. getting the wrong paints is going to be bad
  3. LCD screen is glued into place so might make modding harder.
here are some choice videos i found helpful.
advanded video doing patterns http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VEMc52Kr1fw

Last edited by a moderator:
Because the Pandora already is painted, wouldn't it be "paint over paint" in this case? I guess using the unpainted "rough" cases could be maybe better suited for doing such things. Maybe OPT can hold back some unpainted cases for later usage so the GFX Artists have a clean base to start their Artworks. :)

^ OPT should post the datasheet of the paint so that modders use a compatible paint. Raw plastics need a proper priming, so this step isn't needed on Pandora.

Maybe people could order the parts in kit form if they spoke nicely to Craig? ...after the initial rush of course(!)

I'm guessing you'd have to agree to zero warranty though, above and beyond 'the parts worked when they left him'.

That would be a neater and safer start to a custom modding attempt.

I've been hoping they'd offer unpainted cases for a while. I hope they'll offer them at some point because I do want to do a custom paint and mod job on my case.

If the pandora gets popular enough, I look forward to the knock-off colored cases like there are for the PSP, even a clear one would be cool, or the DS Lite's kind of case. :p

I'm just worried that it took all kinds of money and time to get the cases as good as they are now, it'd be hell for some company just looking to make a profit (and likely won't happen unil they're selling millions of them...). :(

I can dream.

paulguy said:
If the pandora gets popular enough, I look forward to the knock-off colored cases like there are for the PSP, even a clear one would be cool, or the DS Lite's kind of case. :p

I'm just worried that it took all kinds of money and time to get the cases as good as they are now, it'd be hell for some company just looking to make a profit (and likely won't happen unil they're selling millions of them...). :(

I can dream.
Maybe we can have some custom ccases like the ones here:

http://www.bebo.com/openpandora

I need to update the groups page.

I think for those of us that don't want to void our warranties, some sort of waterproof vinyl/plastic skin could work...

I'm going to get mine painted when the warranty goes on it. Probably some dark metallic silver/blue colour. I work in a paint factory so getting a compatible paint (even down to application) won't be a problem.

Applying a scratchproof coating to it seems tempting as well.

Is there any way in being able to get a glossy ceramic white and glossy blue logo and buttons. I have an idea in what colour case I would like, but I would like to know if you can get a custom case if you would be willing to pay extra for a custom case.

I for one would pay to get a custom case as I would love to be able to have a Pandora in glossy ceramic white and blue.

^ It's theoretically possible to paint them differently(we saw a pink and grey Pandora already), but they would have to change the colour of the plastic too to prevent it from looking too ugly when the paint wears off.

mali said:
^ It's theoretically possible to paint them differently(we saw a pink and grey Pandora already), but they would have to change the colour of the plastic too to prevent it from looking too ugly when the paint wears off.
And a white one, though that wasn't the best paint job ever, to say the least :p

That's the problem with painting plastic, it tends to wear off from what I've heard, personally I would like to see case replacements in different colors, but it wouldn't be easy to change the case. I'd love to have a metallic blue Pandora though :) (same color as the blue PSP-2000: http://www.sogaimport.com/images/P/(WEB)PSP2000-CASE-ALUMINUM--02.jpg)

Back