Overclocking Problem.....

cwncool

Still Fresh
I downloaded egoboo and put it on my gp2x Firmware 3.0.0. I ran the primnumber overclock test just now to see how high I could overclock it to to run it. It got to 5000 something of the 270mhz one, and froze. I turned it off, and then turned it back on. When it turned on, it ran the little opening screen, and then it just showed like these rainbow color lines. I turned it back off and then on again, and it worked fine. I'm just wondering what that problem was and what this means on how high I should set the CPU for egoboo. Thanks!

Don't worry, it's not dangerous to try overclocking, it will just freeze. Try out different clockspeeds and see which one works best for you... be happy as mine freezes at bloody 245MHz :(:(:(:(

Okay! That makes much more sense then. I just didn't want to ruin my gp2x. lol. Cool, thanks!

be happy as mine freezes at bloody 245MHz

:lol: :lol: :lol: Mine goes all the way up to 250! Nyah!!! <sigh>

cwncool said:
I downloaded egoboo and put it on my gp2x Firmware 3.0.0. I ran the primnumber overclock test just now to see how high I could overclock it to to run it. It got to 5000 something of the 270mhz one, and froze. I turned it off, and then turned it back on. When it turned on, it ran the little opening screen, and then it just showed like these rainbow color lines. I turned it back off and then on again, and it worked fine. I'm just wondering what that problem was and what this means on how high I should set the CPU for egoboo. Thanks!

It sounds like maybe you just overstressed your batteries for a second. What batteries are you using? Either that or maybe you switch the machine off and then back on again a bit too fast.

Reap

Last edited by a moderator:
rememberthe8bit said:
berighteous said:
be happy as mine freezes at bloody 245MHz
:lol: :lol: :lol: Mine goes all the way up to 250! Nyah!!! <sigh>

Just to go up by incraments of five, mine overclocks to 255! (It really does)

Oh! A GP2X emot-icon, sweet! :gp2x

Whoooooooooooo tight competition! Who can reach 260MHz? :p

Last edited by a moderator:
This is probably a stupid question, but what program is this "primenumber overclock test" being discussed?

dunno. I go by what Mame tells me, since that's all that matters! I can play games at 250 and I CAN'T play games at 255. lol

Back