Overclocking A Gp32 Blu+

GA01

Website
Visit site
What are the dangers (if any) about overclocking a GP32 BLU+? I've got a dedicated 166 MHz but would like to see how far I can push this baby when running Mame GP32. Can this cause serious problems to the hardware or just cause software to crash more easily.

:)

There aren't any real dangers. While it is unlikely your system will go beyond 166, there is no danger to testing it. All that will happen if it is unsuccessful is that your system will lock up and you'll need to turn it off and on again.

LHC posted on Mar 27 2005 at 02:02 PM said:
There aren't any real dangers. While it is unlikely your system will go beyond 166, there is no danger to testing it. All that will happen if it is unsuccessful is that your system will lock up and you'll need to turn it off and on again.

What makes one unit faster than the other? Aren't all GP32's 133 MHz by default? Just curious how some GP32's can overclock faster than others.

Last edited by a moderator:
GA01 posted on Mar 27 2005 at 12:59 PM said:
What are the dangers (if any) about overclocking a GP32 BLU+? I've got a dedicated 166 MHz but would like to see how far I can push this baby when running Mame GP32. Can this cause serious problems to the hardware or just cause software to crash more easily.

As far as I now you can not break yoour gamepark when you just take small steps, only if you go directly to +220 you can break it, but it just freezes and then you know you've reached the limit.

As far as I now you can not break yoour gamepark when you just take small steps, only if you go directly to +220 you can break it, but it just freezes and then you know you've reached the limit.

So it is impossible to damage any hardware and only cause your system to hang. As long as it doesn't do any damage to the unit, I'm quite happy to test various settings.

Back