Over Clocking

stonerdrifter

Still Fresh
I have never actully over clocked my gp2x b4 yesterday. i was feeling greed and wanted to plays some neogeo games with sounds. i normal underclock to watch movies and listen to music. I found that my GP2x wont clock to anything higher than 251mhz. im using energizers 2500mha. could any shed some light on why i cant overclock more?

All about luck I think. I'm also using 2500mah energizers and I can go up to 275.

Edit: luck as in getting a unit with a cpu that can overclock high.

Just like the GP32, it's a crap shoot ... I was able to OC my GP32 to 166, and that's it ...

My GP2X goes up to 274 with no noticeable bad effects.

well im using energizer 2100mah rechargables and i can get 275mhz with no side effects (ok the battrys last 30mins) but my 2x dont crash

it was the same with the gp32, normal max speed was 132Mhz i think, i could do 150 stable with my unit. others could do over 230mhz!!
now i can go up to 300 Stable, had better luck this time.

PS: but dont cry, i hope overclocking is just good for first version, the devs most time try to improve their ports to run at clockspeed thats save and everyone can clock to and also needs less battery.
what i have heard is 250 something everyone reaches (until) now so this wont be any bad with better versions of programs.

Will there be any long term effect from the supposely overheating from overclocking? How hot does it get to? I've never tried to OC my GP2x fearing toasting my unit. Once I receive my AC adapter (constant and reliable power source), I'll tempted...

It would just crash.

But i'd not bother trying with batteries, I should think it would waste them in next to no time at all.

o/cing doesnt seem to affect the batteries as much as it did with the gp32 on the gp2x ;P

Mine goes up to 300, sometimes I can get 305, but i need to use fresh batteries for that and it only works once per charge :p So I cant turn it off after i put it to 305 with a pair in hehe.

266 is awesome with bor+madplay ^.^ right now though heh. Fullspeed with mp3s in background!

I tried madplay with drmd at diff speeds from 200mhz-300mhz, but it doesnt make a difference (even with sound off in drmd) Its a shame madplay and drmd are fighting for supremecy! :p heh
Never had a chance to do snes, or nes, but they aint worth it right now since they always free randomly on me! arghh

Quake runs so much nicer when overclocked. The only other thing I use OC'd is some roms for DrMDx that have trouble sitting at 50/60 fps.

Back