Other Gp32-esque Machines

jlebrech

UFO Robot
What do you guys think of the other machines to appear on the scene
at the end of this year.

Notably the Cenix GMP-M6 and the MIO EZ Mini.

The Cenix is the size of a gameboy micro with similar spec to the gp2x, no specs tho.

And the MIO is 400mhz with 64mb ram, and its got loads of cool luminous colors.

I dont really know about their Homebrew potential tho.

I personaly think its time for Sega to get back into the portable console market (i.e buy GPH) if they have the money.

Cenix GMP-M6

Cenix GMP-M6. First off, it’s 2-inch screen puts the player squarely in the Game Boy Micro size range and form factor, so if you’ve played with that little bugger you should know right away if this size is going to work for you. Of course, we mean that purely figuratively, because you’re probably never going to see this thing in the States, along with it’s 220 x 176 resolution, MiniSD expandability, 1GB of storage, and two included games. We can’t quite tell if the 3D capabilities have any developed games to flaunt yet, but we do know that the usual suspects — MP3, WMA, OGG, MPEG-4 — are supported format-wise, and that an FM tuner is included for good measure. Hope you like ‘em small and imported.

The Cenix GMP-M6 tries apparently to be both small portable media player and game console.

This future portable device from Korean Cenix measures only 90x13x45.5mm and weighs 60g. It has a 2 inch color screen. The GMP-M6 supports MP4 videos and MP3,WMA and OGG audio. It apparently will support many games. Not sure what those will be based on.

I can't decide whether this is supposed to compete with the PSP or the Game Boy Micro...or both.  Either way, the Cenix GMP-M6 features a miniSD slot, 2" widescreen TFT-LCD display, FM tuner, 6 hours of gameplay (20 hours of music playback).  It supports MP3, WMA, Ogg, Audio ASF, MPEG-4, and IMA-ADPCM formats.

It's reported that there are 50,000 games available for download (that sure beats both systems, doesn't it?).  Selling for only $193, you can get this tiny device in either black or white (whenever it becomes available)

Plenty of amazing Cenix GMP-M6 pics HERE

MIO EZ Mini

PMP by Mitac, the same company that has been bringing us GPS-enabled Mio PDAs. From what we can tell, the pictured model is the EZ mini, an Intel-powered PMP (or PDA) with a 416 MHz processor, 320 x 240 2.7-inch LCD, 64MB RAM/64MB ROM, 802.11b, and USB 2.0. Supported filetypes seem to be MP3, WMA, DiVx, MPEG4, and WMV, along with HTML, PDB, and TXT, and this Mio seems to have some sort of gaming aspect to it.

Plenty of amazing pics of the MIO EZ Mini HERE. Note: If the page does not load up, please refresh the page and be patient, as it takes a bit of time. gp32_console

aQwaBlaz3 posted on Dec 9 2005 at 10:28 PM said:
Can any of those run PSone? :lol:

GP2X > ALL!
other gaming devices = own3d!

EDIT: Fixed a typo.

Last edited by a moderator:
gravediggertk1.jpg

pea said:
Anybody know what ever happend to the Mio Mitec EZ Mini?
Whoa, pea man, how are you!?

Long time no see buddy, have you got a gp2x yet? I'm still waiting for that file launcher you promised us...

Last edited by a moderator:
Back