Original Preorders.

I'm looking at the openpandora.org ticketing system I help out with from time to time, ED has barely enough time to look through the cases he gets assigned to there
I can see how dealing with ebay sales would add to his workload. And he is basically donating his time to fulfill Craigs preorders, so it isn't like he would actually profit from additional sales.

Also if anyone puts items up on ebay.com it should be Link, not Ed, as Link has the North American territory.

ED still has about 50 pre-orders to fulfil along with the deal to clear Craig's 700? 

It would be tough for Link to sell on ebay, it would eat to much into his profit margin which is much lower than ED's.  

Anyway, If the US has been given to Link, then the rest of the world could be targeted. 

Anyway, If the US has been given to Link, then the rest of the world could be targeted.
So Ed (or a dedicated volunteer) would have to put up offers on ebay.co.uk, ebay.nl, ebay.es, ebay.ru, ebay.at, ebay.in, ebay.hk, ebay.jp et cetera in the respective languages...

Edit: Japan might be worth the effort - those people are so gadget crazy, especially for pocketable computers.

Last edited by a moderator:
So Ed (or a dedicated volunteer) would have to put up offers on ebay.co.uk, ebay.nl, ebay.es, ebay.ru, ebay.at, ebay.in, ebay.hk, ebay.jp et cetera in the respective languages...
Edit: Japan might be worth the effort - those people are so gadget crazy, especially for pocketable computers.
Well, I live in Russia but everything I get from an eBay I buy from ebay.com. eBay.ru searches on the US, UK and German sites and still performs worse than eBay.com. So, putting the item on the American version of the site is more than enough.

You can select one ie uk or exclude the US if possible or work out a deal with Link if he owns the turf for the US and give him a percentage of sales.

Possibilities are endless

Last edited by a moderator:
It is by no means illegal to sell things on ebay and then link to the actual shop from the auction. Also, i think it doesnt have to cost the same, the auction could be more expencive.

Hi Ed,

You mentioned in your Christmas letter that there were vouchers for those of us on Craigs preorder list?

How does that work? I have been trying to follow all this stuff on your forums but it's been over 5 years now and I'm old, I forget.

When I filled out the survey, late because I never got the email, I did not want to spend anymore on this promised device. My husband goes ballistic if he hears the word "Pandora". He won't hear of sending any more money. We've spent $397.00 so far.

I wrote to enquiries@companies-house.gov.uk

I don't know what good that will do.

How much more money will it take to get a unit, refurbished or otherwise?

I know you're busy and inundated with these emails.
 I'm sorry about that.

Regards,

Maggie Bordak

Back