Orders, Orders Everywhere...

Status
Not open for further replies.
O RLY. Im sorry, but being that it is a business he will have to deal with alot of peoples bullshit....thats just how it works with business. As a business owner you are required to treat people with a great level of respect no matter how stupid or how much of a pain in the ass they tend to be, like it or not canceling someones order just because they bitch about customer service is petty and very unprofessional, and its actions like those that get business a bad rep. If you cant find better customer service anywhere than clearly you've never dealt with newegg; You are given an approximate time for processing before you even place your order, once you place your oder you recieve a conformation email, once your order has shipped you get another email.

Yes there have been delays, but it is on craig to let people know whats going on with thier orders...you shouldn't have to search some message board to get some approximate date....you should get an email after you place your order giving you some time frame...simple as that, if theres a delay email the customer....yes, a lengthy process, but then higher specific people to deal with it.

Off topic, but I deal with NewEgg every single day of my life. Excellent CS. I don't order or buy computer equipment anywhere else.

I have a firm belief that respect is mutual. Why don't you try running into a post office, yelling at the top of your lungs because your package arrived in 3 days instead of 2, making a fuss, disturbing the peace, and complaining loud enough for people three doors over to hear you. Now just how fast will they sic the police on you?

He didn't just look at the guys' screen name, do some email parsing search, and cancel the order. He asked anyone that was dissatisfied with the service to post their order numbers. Someone who is dissatisfied is entitled to a full refund, which is what he gave them. If you aren't prepared for the consequences, don't freaking post your order number. To do so without thinking, or as a joke, or "test" as he called it, is more childish than anything I've seen.

Last edited by a moderator:
O RLY. Im sorry, but being that it is a business he will have to deal with alot of peoples bullshit....thats just how it works with business. As a business owner you are required to treat people with a great level of respect no matter how stupid or how much of a pain in the ass they tend to be, like it or not canceling someones order just because they bitch about customer service is petty and very unprofessional, and its actions like those that get business a bad rep. If you cant find better customer service anywhere than clearly you've never dealt with newegg; You are given an approximate time for processing before you even place your order, once you place your oder you recieve a conformation email, once your order has shipped you get another email.

Yes there have been delays, but it is on craig to let people know whats going on with thier orders...you shouldn't have to search some message board to get some approximate date....you should get an email after you place your order giving you some time frame...simple as that, if theres a delay email the customer....yes, a lengthy process, but then higher specific people to deal with it.
As a business owner you are not required to treat people with a great level of respect, you can grovel to them if you want thier money or you can treat them as you feel is appropriate and suffer the consiquences.

If the consiquences of Craigix canceling that guys order is that a bunch of moaning, demanding, insecure attention grabbers cancel thier order and get thier product from someone else, then I think Craigix will be happy with that (I know I would be). big deal if he looses 10% of his orders, those 10% cause 90% of his stress and the remaining 90% of us who have been buying stuff from him for years will continue to do so and continue reccommending him to our friends.

I think its called acceptable loss.

P.S. Craig, now my gp2x has been delivered, if i post my order number will you cancel that and refund my card ;)
--- worth a shot :lol: ---

Damn, Seems Craig goes much further than any other supplier would testing and so on but he sure needs to calmdown a little i think, If he is so tired which i dont disbelieve one bit considering how many GP he is shipping after testing them then he really should ignore these posts or get somebody else to reply, I was sitting here waiting for a freind to get home from work to see if he wanted his ordered at the same time as mine when i started reading this post and i have no wish to order now, It seems it would just be extra work for the guy, I think i will wait until he gets some extra staff or something ?????

A couple of points i wish to make though
1 Why such fanboyism over Craig ? He has shown he can handle it, Maybe not how i would deal with my customers but everyone has there own style.
2 Why should newbies like myself have to "Get used to it" surely Gamepark is a business isn't it not a load of gamers working in there spare time on some hardware, And what exactly do we have to get used to ???? , The GP was in the mail theother day and if you think these newbies are bad wait until the mass release comes, Are yougoing to attack all those customers for not knowing how the scene worked with the GP32, If you do you sure are gonna make yourself look so silly and may even be harming sales.
3 Seems a lot of nerves have become fraid just because the product has ultimatly been a hit already, The protectors think the people with issues are being out of order when in reality the GP has just made them really excited and maybe a little impatient, Maybe people who are attacking thesepeople with issues should remember that there beloved Gamepark has cracked it and is generating not only sales but a lot of excitement, Some of that has been negative which every and i mean every product has to live with.
4 There seems to be a few posters here who actually think that the scene now is all it can be which i think is wrong, For me personally the excitment comes from knowing that a lot of the homebrewers for the GP32 are now considering becoming independent commercial games suppliers for the GP2X, Seems like the coders are actually growing with the GP handhelds which is great.

A couple of points i wish to make though
1 Why such fanboyism over Craig ? He has shown he can handle it, Maybe not how i would deal with my customers but everyone has there own style.
You should perhaps look at the posts, and try to use words like "respect" or "admire". Fanboyism doesn't really work, because a) he isn't on a black t-shirt b)not a branded console c)not on OS

2 Why should newbies like myself have to "Get used to it" surely Gamepark is a business isn't it not a load of gamers working in there spare time on some hardware, And what exactly do we have to get used to ???? , The GP was in the mail theother day and if you think these newbies are bad wait until the mass release comes, Are yougoing to attack all those customers for not knowing how the scene worked with the GP32, If you do you sure are gonna make yourself look so silly and may even be harming sales.
"I haven't seen get used to it", I hope its not true. The GP32 era is over look at the news headlines, new people new attitudes for better or worse. Really everyone should have their number refreshed and start again IMO.

3 Seems a lot of nerves have become fraid just because the product has ultimatly been a hit already, The protectors think the people with issues are being out of order when in reality the GP has just made them really excited and maybe a little impatient, Maybe people who are attacking thesepeople with issues should remember that there beloved Gamepark has cracked it and is generating not only sales but a lot of excitement, Some of that has been negative which every and i mean every product has to live with.
It is exiting, Nerves should be friad, DaveC should stop posting

4 There seems to be a few posters here who actually think that the scene now is all it can be which i think is wrong, For me personally the excitment comes from knowing that a lot of the homebrewers for the GP32 are now considering becoming independent commercial games suppliers for the GP2X, Seems like the coders are actually growing with the GP handhelds which is great.
I hope not. Not that I don't want, anybody to earn money from a hobby. I just don't want comparisons drawn between pong and wipeout

Nope fanboyism is the right word, Craig has shown again and again that he can take care of his own but there is so many people on here who want to answer for him and most of the time just cause more grief by doing so.

You may think it is harsh but at the end of the day i am a Newb and that is exactly how it comes across

Mainly because we are fed up of the number of threads that are FAO GBAX and try to deal with their private problem publicly.

In short, you mess on our turf you get burned ;)

Seriously, if you have a problem just for the love of god pick up the phone/typeout an email and deal with it directly. It's what I have done in the past and is how it should be done.

Nope fanboyism is the right word, Craig has shown again and again that he can take care of his own but there is so many people on here who want to answer for him and most of the time just cause more grief by doing so.

You may think it is harsh but at the end of the day i am a Newb and that is exactly how it comes across

fanboyism is normaly associated with a brand, he is not that. If your going for an insult try "golden boy" or "idolise". Most posts say it all. He's a little one man band, not an evil-multi national, and any attemp to paint him as such is just a little silly.

If someone says "Craigx service Boo" and someone else says "Craigx sevice yeah!" its normal in a forum look for ebuyer post do a search, people have different experiences, unfortunately for the non fanboys most are good.

You are not a newb and I think you mean newbie or noob depending on whether you think your being a git. Its not a community thing. Its an I bought a device thing from thingy thing.

A number of people in this thread are making out like all the original poster did was "ask a question".

He didn't just "ask a question", he was downright rude & insulting. He started out expressing his view with this lovely bit: "First, pull your finger out Craig".

If I had been bending over backwards, staying up for 48 hours trying to get orders out to people as fast as possible, and someone wrote me to tell me to pull my finger out of my ass, I imagine I would've reacted similarly.

Just shut up everyone...for the love of god shutup now.

Fact 1: I tried that, it doesn't work. One person cannot surpress the minority without great power over them.

Fact 2: I know everyone here is pissed off and impatient, and that's probably because your money has been taken already, but bear with craig, OK? He's probably lived of caffeine for the last week or so. Your GP2Xs will arrive eventually, early December for most, but threads like these will NOT help.

That was my two facts.

Ba-doom-tish.

EDIT:
Morwynd said:
If I had been bending over backwards, staying up for 48 hours trying to get orders out to people as fast as possible, and someone wrote me to tell me to pull my finger out of my ass, I imagine I would've reacted similarly.

The thing is, that is not the point. Remember, the customer is always right, after all, a business without customers is not a business at all is it?

But thanks for all the effort craig, you can sleep for a week once they're all gone, can't you? :D

Could someone PLEASE CLOSE THIS THREAD
Everything important has already been said and it's likely to lead to more heat than light ...

Remember, the customer is always right
Do you really think that is absolute? There are exceptions to every rule. As someone else posted, respect is mutual.

I'm not saying alibee's points are wrong per se, just that he could've been more constructive about it.

That is absolute as far as the company wants it to be. They can say the customer is always right, which will get them more customers, but admittedly they have to stop somewhere.

Just a general rule of business, not specific to craig in any way.

PS: Another here voting for thread closure: everything to be said has been said. And I'm running out of wit.

Fair enough... I put the number up wondering if you would be petty enough to cancel the order... it was a test... which you failed.

I have been less than impressed by the misinformation on your website order page, by your lacksadaisical attitute to communication with your customers and, in fact, by the very confrontational tone of some of the posts you have made in this forum. Personally I would rather not deal with you. I think both you and your company have some growing-up you need to do!

Growing up? Oh my... well I guess you should grow up first. It's true that there should be regular updates for customers but I guess Craigix is just one man that tries to serve hundrets of preorders at once. He also tests the units he sends out so you can get a working one without any hardware faults. Where do you get that much of support? Most of the retailers will just wait for the official release, sometime 2006 and then send out the bugfixed systems without the need of checking them for faults. You would have gotten your GP2x 1-2 full months ahead of others, most likely with the unique "first edition" print on the unit(after the official release there will only be 2nd editions to buy, so this is quite a rarity).

Well you screwed it, I don't really care and I think no one here does. The customer should be king, that's true but you know, many kings got killed or lost a battle because they overestimated themselfs, they are after all nothing more than humans as is cragix. And he has many other "Kings" to serve too ;)

Good grief!

Can someone please close this fucking thread?!?

I didn't pre-order from GBAx, but I felt compelled to say this:

I still haven't gotten my confirmation E-mail from GP32z yet, when others have.

I'm fine with this, since I understand that these are small shops trying to get hold of a new system targeted at a niche audience. Delays are to be expected when importing/shipping items internationally.

* Remains patient *

I'm so glad that was a joke ;)
Although this thread already contains classic examples of binary hardmen, You know the kind that make threats they can't back up because they are on a forum, Like i have said before here at GP32X, Forums are funny and these ones are really funny.

We really should have a meet so we could see who comes out with bullshit remarks like the one i qouted above in person.

I'm so glad that was a joke ;)
Although this thread already contains classic examples of binary hardmen, You know the kind that make threats they can't back up because they are on a forum, Like i have said before here at GP32X, Forums are funny and these ones are really funny.

We really should have a meet so we could see who comes out with bullshit remarks like the one i qouted above in person.

Don't mess I'll be tooled up. Trust. :ph34r:

Damn ! Just gone through and read all of this thread.

I was involved in another thread similar to this, people were just asking normal questions about the cd (i didnt know there wasnt enough to put on the cd) and after getting a great cd when i ordered the GP32 i thought it might be similar.

Despite asking just normal questions we were getting flamed left right and centre. I personally wasnt slating Craig, at a time like this he obviously has a ton of work which is kinda good as it means he must be doing well with orders from people so i hope its a big success.

Most of my frustrations were based at Gamepark because i must admit i expected something i could just pick up and play as you do with other consoles, didnt expect the USB lead not to work etc and there to be a fair few firmware bugs.

I know in time this will all be fixed but obviously like a kid at Xmas youre exciting by it and want to try it out.

One of the problems is i think that people are directed from Craigs site to the forums here so of course people will post a lot about niggles etc. I've heard from many people they didnt get replies to emails so thats why they instead asked here.

What i dont get is that one guy on this thread is moaning and slating Craig when he hasnt even got an order !!!

Its a difficult situation though, if people have problems and are directed to come here then its like they get a public slating the minute they moan about something. On the other hand Craig has a ton to do and the pressure is obviously getting to him at times.

I'm staying low for a few months, at the moment i must admit i thought there would be tons of working emulators when there isnt. In months to come once more and more things are released this GP2X will be amazing, for the moment i cant do much with it but i'm looking forward to the future with it.

As someone else said reading this thread and seeing comments from so many 'binary hardmen' is laughable.

In a month or two when everything has calmed down we'll all be here with tons of great emulators, having TV Out (that will be a dream) and marvelling at all the new stuff coming out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back