Ordered From Lik-sang.com, And Just Got My Import

mhathera;ll

Still Fresh
Hello there, this is follow up to my previous post, which was about the import price I was going to pay on my gamepark order from Lik-sang.

I used express UPS delivery and have not got a bill for £37.77p from UPS for import costs. It has taken about 2 weeks for delivery as well.

So PLease dont fall into the same trap as me, and ummm be careful.

Thanks

Mike

I just got my GP last Friday, it took just under 2 weeks (ordered on Sun 22nd Feb arrived Fri 5th Mar) shipped by airmail (not UPS) $13 by Lik-Sang.

Arrived for me to pick up at athe local Royal Mail office and cost £8 (£4 for import and £4 for royal mails trouble!?!) thats a hell of a difference between the 2 shipping methods....

Am now happy I did it that way.

Incidently I ordered a FLU and their manufacturing unit must have got a lot better as there are no bits of dust or anything round the screen, clocks to 166 no probs, this gizmo rocks!

Judging by how you quoted the price in £'s i take it you are from the UK, whay didnt you just order it from GBAx - no import taxes to pay and would have been with you next day (royal mail sepcial delivery) if you are not in the UK then accept my apologies.

Just did not know I guess. I looked at lots o forums and found that most people said the best place to buy would be Lik-sang. Just listened to what they said.

Anyway to late now,.

Slighty pi**ed as my missis JUST missed the UPS guy so now I gotta wait until tomorrow for them to try again :-(

mhathera;ll posted on Mar 8 2004 at 01:55 PM said:
Slighty pi**ed as my missis JUST missed the UPS guy so now I gotta wait until tomorrow for them to try again :-(
With such a situation, don't blame yourself if you beat her up :p

Last edited by a moderator:
The reason people buy from lik-sang (like I did) is coz its cheaper coz at GBAx they dont show tax on the main page they add it after. Its roughly the sane price after import tax anyway, plus i got mine with a load of other stuff like Donkey conga and Samba di Amiga

Actualy I think most people that buy from lik sang are from the US like myself and it's just cheaper. On GBAX the price conversion came out to some ridiculous amount in US dollars so I chose the cheaper option, but apparently it's easier on the pocket for UK shoppers.

Hi,

Ordered my GP32 from lik-sang on the 25th of Feb (Wednesday) and got it on the 1st of March (Monday)... Result!

But must admit that the price was a little misleading, the GP was £109 but now paid over £200 :eek:

GP +FLU £109
Carry Case £9
Shipping £14
TAX + Duty £35 (very unexpected!!!) :eek:
SMC £30 (though MMC worked in it - Doh!) :lol:
GP Cinema £6 + much needed as couldn't get GPDivX to work.

For that could have got a Game cube or X-box with loads of games :(

Worth noting all of the prices if your thinking of getting one coz as you can see it all mounts up!

Also got a small thumbprint on the screen inside, not to easy to send it back though - it's only small and on the far left so not too worried, guess that happened when they installed the light.

Slightly disappointed that the Mega Drive emu doesn't seem to work - Well!

Doom was the main reason I got it, now just to find that doom2.wad file!

All in all, Happy :D

Back