Option 515m 3g dongle - possible?

WhiteElephant

Still Fresh
Hi all

I own an option 515m 3G dongle on orange UK and I was wondering if it was possible to get it working on the Pandora? I am running superzaxxon 1.5 beta 4 with kernal 3.2.

I plugged it in briefly this morning to the USB port on top of the Pandora but it didnt seem to recognise it and I dont really know what I am doing on linux properly yet, it has been a long time since I last used it. Does anyone out there who knows what they are doing have one they could test?

Thanks in advance for any help rendered

Yes I did enable USB host. There was still no notification I could see that it had recognised the dongle. The dongle had power but that was it. Any other suggestions?

I will check what lsusb and dmesg(whats this?) say when I get home tonight.

@Askarus: google translate doesnt do a bad job at translating that link to English so I will see if I can get anywhere following it. Thanks for that

I don't think you have to do that Modemmanager-stuff.

Modemmanager is on our Pandoras by default.

Hi, yeah I skipped the modemmanager bit, thanks for that. I got it working finally using a combination of the link above, plus:

http://www.gp32x.de...sb-stick-usage/

and

http://boards.openpa...95-3g-over-usb/

It detects it as a mass usb storage device to start with though so I have to run the following 2 commands each time I plug it in

1. sudo modprobe usbserial vendor=0x0af0 product=0xd157

2. sudo usb_modeswitch -c /etc/usb_modeswitch.d/0af0:d157

and then right click the network manager icon and tick 'enable mobile broadband'

after that it seems to run as quickly and stably as using it on my laptop. I will probably try and make a script for the 2 commands above to make life easier.

Thanks for all your help

Edit: on a completely unrelated note, following this process highlighted the fact that my pandora has a sticky '7' key (i.e it goes down and doesnt spring back up properly). It seems to be getting better with use though so I will see how things go

Last edited by a moderator:
Back