Should New Subforum(S) Be Added To The "pandora" Section?

Which subforum(s) should be added for Pandora?

• Total voters

Esn

(:";
Website
esn.newgrounds.com
It's increasingly obvious that the "General" Pandora subforum is getting too crowded. Useful threads very quickly get buried these days. The admins are very busy right now, so I made this thread with the aim of making it easier to see which suggestions are the most popular.

The most persistent suggestion has been to add a dedicated "emulation" forum. It would be a home for all those useful compatibility (1, 2) & recommendation threads (1, 2, 3, 4, 5) that were started and buried over the last few weeks. Other consoles on GP32X have an Emulation subforum, so why not the Pandora?

Mali has also suggested having a "Software" (or "Homebrew") subforum, which could be split up later if necessary (i.e. into "games" and "applications")

Another popular suggestion is "Questions About Manufacturing", because these are clogging up the "general" forum, and people who already have their Pandoras aren't interested in manufacturing questions anymore. An argument against it is that this could be a short-term need... on the other hand, Pandora's production so far has been anything but short-term; this will probably continue with the second batch and so on, so this may be a good idea after all.

So please vote in the poll. You can choose multiple options (but obviously, if you pick "none should be added", don't vote for anything else).

i.e. It looks like voter #3 voted for all 5 options...

Last edited by a moderator:
To clarify my statement about the Software subforum, it was meant as a forum to cover all software aspects including emulation, but I'm not the right person to join the discussion, as I'm not interested in emulation that much and it might make sense to have a subforum for this.

One thing I personally would like to have in the future, is a "Community" subforum. We could have noise-free discussions about wiki improvements, Guru suggestions and anything related to community matters. We need someone to manage a tutorial list, for example. We need people who volunteer to package PNDs, etc.

edit:
There are some persons very active in the "I need help section" and I'd like to have some kind of "award" for people who are constantly helpful. I mentioned this before, a "Community Team" sub-group with an own sticker. But this should wait till there are more Pandoras in users' hands. I just wanted to renew showing my intentions to discuss this ;)

edit:
Just to make one thing clear, if a "manufacturing" subforum gets created, I won't force people to post there. I don't act against my personal belief, Mod or not.

Esn said:
It looks like voter #3 voted for all 5 options...
I'm sorry. I'm the kind of person who likes pushing all the buttons in on fountain drink lids just because I can.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back