OpenSnes9XGP 0.3 WIP

I would just like to see a bug fixed.

I'm talking about the bug which makes the game thinks a multiplayer tap, scope or mouse are attached. Several games won't run and will tell you to put a normal controller in controller port 1`. Every kirby game I tried doesn't run because this.

I hope this won't take a lot of work, and I want to thank to team for the great work they have been doing, keep it up guys.

1st of all : thanks to all the team
then, fot the wishes :
add a 144MHz support (I dont know the diff between 140 & 144 but it should be faster)
allow us to play Chrono & FF6
add a zip/rar/... support could be great

Maybe it could be possible to use a "swap memory" option to allow rom > 4M....but my skills arent very good so in fact I dont know if its possible

see you ;)

144mhz mode
auto change of transparency (chrono tiger would be soooooo good)
save of input configuration
nes emulator include

i wish a gba emulator and a gta like game (and a worms game better than rally pop :D )

Thankx for the great emu :) Heres what I'd like (other than speed imporvment, which everyone wants ;) )

-LJGP & OSnes9x together in one fxe that reads extention to decide if it will use SNES or NES emulation on the ROM
-CRC game name
-keyboard support (chatboard) so you can do all SNES keys at once w/o needing swapping.

os9xgp v0.2 does allow the saving of an input configuration and has Zip support already! The read/write speed is also good enough for me.

But please...I dont want LittleJohn included - this emulator fxe is big enough as it is.

Only thing I can request (like others here) is a Rlyeh type of GoodXXX scan when the emu first runs with the option to rescan later should you choose to, therefore enabling you to see the full names of games.

144 Mhz and the saving of the speed as part of the config is a good idea. Slower menu response too.

And those requesting more speed, sound and SuperFX support - cmon! Be reasonable ffs...

Transparency, game selection and controller bugs are a fair point though.

And hopefully Ive fixed my dodgy icon! (it shouldnt be all shades of turqoise - my fault that one)

Bahamut Lagoon and Terranigma are not work properly.
Also brightness algoritm must be improve. Secret of Mana and Final Fantasy 5 have some graphics glitches.

My only wish is to have the possibility to browse the name of the file inside the ZIP instead of the shorter ZIP filename.

Keep the good work !!

I'm just hoping for default sound enabled. When I save games with the sound on, they come back with sound off, and to enable sound you have to reset the game.

DEFAULT SOUND ON! we can then turn it off without reseting.

Thanks for the great product.

mth411

Hmm... other than speed increases, which I'm hoping for as and when the ASM core arrives. Of course, some of these are no-brainers that'll take waaay too long to be in 0.3, but the first and the last might not be too hard. I don't know.

+Saving the configurations on a per-game basis (possibly inside each save-state as a header)
+Sound optimizations so its actually worth turning it on (although well worth waiting for)
+Transparency at a reasonable speed (although again, something I can wait for)
+2 Player a la LJGP with pad switching in the menu (I've got two friends who've been going at Mario 3 on LJ for a few months now on 2 player using this).

As others have said:

+Chatboard option - wicked idea!
+2 player by pad switching would make 2 player mario etc playable.
+Bug that thinks that theres a mouse or sumthing plugged in so the game wont run.
+"Are you sure" popup if you save over a previous save state (i try to load a state sometimes and accidently save over it).
+Perhaps find rom name (goodroms or whatever) name from a zip file.

Oh, and tobriand, i can save config for each game now, its in the menu unless thats not what u were talking about.

And bollox to a gba emulator, its not possible to hav fast enough gameplay. get a gba if u want to play gba games.

Gud work by the way, had this emu on auto boot since it came out :D

Well, it needs to remember your configuration. Every time i have to go turn on sound. It would be nice that it remembers it like LJ.

and faster plz :p

The EMU is great but I guess Code Optimisation, to get as may games running at close to full speed as possible at 133 to 156 clock speed. I can over clock mine to 166 but it eats up the battries faster than pacman!!
I guess fix as many GFX glitches as possible

Just give me fzero at full speed with sound and i will be delighted:)
Great job anyway... ;)

Evil_Cartman,
you can save the settings on the menu, you can save it for one rom or for all roms ;)
I don't use sound, but with video, input configuration and some other options works OK.

Back