OpenPandora - Crap Game Competition 2013

I think, that it would be better to have a very short time limit for such a competition.

F.E. : The game has to be written in 2 weeks beginning with the announcement of the competition.
Good crap needs time!

I think, that it would be better to have a very short time limit for such a competition.

F.E. : The game has to be written in 2 weeks beginning with the announcement of the competition.
Good crap needs time!
Or laxatives...

Santa's Super Christmas Challenge updated with an important feature I forgot to add previously.

No one's probably going to notice though since no one in their right mind is going to play the game for longer than 10 seconds, or more likely not going to play the game at all.

After score>5, game kicks me to minimenu :D .. Does it means santa is DEAD? [Again :D ]

Last edited by a moderator:
Looks like a bug. It shouldn't do that.

Do I get extra points for crappiness because of this? :D

But seriously, I'm going to see if I can reproduce that (that's never happened to me) and fix it. Maybe it's something in the update I just did. Maybe I should have tested it better.

You didn't by any chance happen to press esc as that's supposed to exit the game?

I get infinite time and points at Whack-a-Troll by not reloading the blueberrys and just hitting the trolls with my bare hand. :D

+1 crap point

I get infinite time and points at Whack-a-Troll by not reloading the blueberrys and just hitting the trolls with my bare hand. :D

+1 crap point
Uh, thats nice but it wasnt in my plan :D .. <now i need investigate that :D >

Anyway.. i'll publish new version right now to repo, because it is on my hdd since yesterday :D

Edit:

New version in repo.. 

Looks like a bug. It shouldn't do that.

Do I get extra points for crappiness because of this? :D

But seriously, I'm going to see if I can reproduce that (that's never happened to me) and fix it. Maybe it's something in the update I just did. Maybe I should have tested it better.

You didn't by any chance happen to press esc as that's supposed to exit the game?
I dont think i pressed an ESC key, but i'll try to repoduce the bug..

I still haven't been able to make it crash.

If you (or anybody else) manage to crash it again, could you send me the text from /tmp/pndrun_santassuperchristmaschallenge.out?

Excellent, what is the name of game?
I was going for "Mind the duckies" screenshot6.png

Here's what I've got so far:

Instructions:

• Unzip in a directory of choice
  • Ensure you have python and pygame installed
  • Run the python script provided
  • Mind the duckies (using the left / right arrows)
1.zip

Attachments

• 1.zip
    5.9 MB · Views: 237

Instructions:

attachicon.gif
1.zip
Hey Binky. Any chance to get this as PND?

If i jump above santas box and fall on that box game will crapout ..
I still can't reproduce it.

So this only happens when you jump and fall on top of a box? Does this happen every time you fall on a box?

What happens if you just don't move and let a box hit you? Does the game crash or does it show the "Santa is dead" screen and start from beginning as it should?

Any python errors in /tmp/pndrun_santassuperchristmaschallenge.out?

Is anyone else having problems with this?

Has anyone else even tried the game? Probably not. They are probably smart enough to avoid it.

^

Instructions:

attachicon.gif
1.zip
Hey Binky. Any chance to get this as PND?
How would you recommend I (a nooby dev) do this?

Santa's Super Christmas Challenge updated with an important feature I forgot to add previously.

No one's probably going to notice though since no one in their right mind is going to play the game for longer than 10 seconds, or more likely not going to play the game at all.
Is there a 1/2-star or 1/4-star to choose? This game totally sucks @$$. 1-star rating is too much, but I got no other option but to rate it 1-star. :)

Is there a 1/2-star to choose? This game totally sucks @$$. 1-star rating is too much, but I got no other option but to rate it 1-star. :)
Thanks for great review!

I already commented on the repo saying that you should have read the description but since you're here you probably already know what's the point of this game.

Back